Hellshade

OT: Attention Fantasy RPG Fans

Because in the game, you can put her in her place the old fashioned way and there won't be any police involved. Now there's a fantasy world we could all spend some time in. :grin:

Hellshade

Because in the game, you can put her in her place the old fashioned way and there won't be any police involved. Now there's a fantasy world we could all spend some time in. :grin:

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing. If she didn't listen the 1st 2 times, she won't this time, either.... But I'm sure there's some sort of bad kharma involved in this sort of thing in Skyrim.

I prefer romance in The Witcher--collect trophy cards from each woman you seduce :cool:

Sorry to say this Bullethead but if you expect from a woman to " listen" then I understand your problem with marriage! :-). Women don't listen, they talk! And all things that can make a woman listen are already out of law. There comes the fantasy world. So you can go in there, get married, feel like real man for a while and then close your monitor and return to your normal listening event. Remembers me of a joke where two middle aged men talked to each other:

Man A: I think I'm going to get a divorce, haven't spoken to my wife for two months now.

Man B: Maybe you should think over it again, women like that are hard to find those days!

Well, I'm with Bullethead here through and through.

A marriage does NOT belong to the adventures I would expect too much fun from in a game,

where I can stroll through the whole world plundering and looting.

With all the gold and jewels I could rob there, the girls would all come to me.

NOTE: I'm talking about "Skyrim" - my real life is not SO exciting.

:grin:

You guys have obviously never played Second Life! :rofl:

You guys have obviously never played Second Life! :rofl:

I was under the impression that 2nd Life wasn't a game but a business tool. If you're an architect or civil engineer, you can give your clients a virtual walkthrough of your designs. If you're a fashion designer, you can offer virtual copies of your latest ideas for sale and see how well they sell. Or you can just use it as a venue for videoconferencing with avatars instead of webcams. Of oourse, the whole thing being a sandbox, if you're willing to spend the money you can create your own wannabe WoW area or whatever. I understand some folks have done that. But I have to wonder why....

I was under the impression that 2nd Life wasn't a game but a business tool. If you're an architect or civil engineer, you can give your clients a virtual walkthrough of your designs. If you're a fashion designer, you can offer virtual copies of your latest ideas for sale and see how well they sell. Or you can just use it as a venue for videoconferencing with avatars instead of webcams. Of oourse, the whole thing being a sandbox, if you're willing to spend the money you can create your own wannabe WoW area or whatever. I understand some folks have done that. But I have to wonder why....

Is that what you've been told?...hahahahahaha

Yes, Second life can be used as a tool....but most people in there, are there for virtual Sex from what I remember (stopped playing it, as there are way too many weirdo's on it)...A lot of people are virtually Married, cohabiting...and generally cheating on their real life partners...there are some 'very disturbing' things going on in there...but, if I was a psychology Student...thats the place I would start..I even met a couple, who are married in real life...have made their Characters look like themselves..and live in a virtual house, designed to look like their own real house!....how sad is that?

When I asked them "Why?"...they told me it's because they don't get time to go out and meet real friends!...I wonder why not?...if they can spend hours doing that? :drinks:

My advice to anyone is...if you wanna play this game, go into it with your eyes open!!....it can be extremely addictive...and dangerous!..as you are getting involved with real people...real conversations...and feel real emotions..it's not like medal of honor online..where you go in..get shot to pieces..and leave after an hour

Don't get me wrong...there are some fab things you can do there...I've flown Helicopters...flown an F16 off a Carrier...met some really nice people too...but, it just get's too involved...and I found myself wasting my life away...so made the decision to leave it for good a couple of years ago

Do you remember D&D?...how some States in the US banned it?...because people were getting too addicted to it..and it was affecting their lives?...well Second Life is like that...

I don't have an addictive personality...but some people do..they're the ones who should avoid it...but sadly, they are the ones who fill the game's population..to the detriment of their real lives (IMHO) :good:

One can understand why people get addicted to it....real life is harsh...sh*t happens...no-one said it would be easy...and a Virtual world runs just how you want it to...hell, OFF is escapism..we all need that...it's very good for our mental wellbeing...but in small doses..like a good book...nobody read War and Peace, or Lord of the Rings without a break now and then!...but seriously...there are people in there, who play every minute, of every waking day.... that's just really not good!!...lol

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

If the 300 hours of hand crafted questing content isn't enough...Todd Howard says that Skyrim will create infinite content based on your progress in the game and what you have done even after you've finished every hand crafted quest. So even after you finished the Dark Brotherhood quest line, the Radiant AI will create new assassination missions for you on the fly to keep the experience going. How frickin awesome is that?

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/skyrim-infinite-quests/

Hellshade

Another two nights without Skyrim. I got to sleep well now because Friday night sleep will be luxury! :-)

Another two nights without Skyrim. I got to sleep well now because Friday night sleep will be luxury! :-)

Although Skyrim will be at my gridsquare on Friday, I doubt I'll play it then. I have to work the weekend, I doubt my current box is up to it, and my new rig won't be here for another week or so. So try not to spoil it too much for me :).

I won't be buying it until December, for the same reason as Bullethead...and would also appreciate 'Non-Spoilers'

Taken from Steam: "This game will unlock in approximately 12 hours" !!!

Edited by itifonhom

Oblivion was so bad. The main quest sucked big time. What am I supposed to do? Have fun with the side quests and breaking into houses? it looked good. Skyrim looks good as well, but if there is no interesting gameplay, story etc. I will not even consider buying it.

Baldur's Gate 1&2 > all other RPGs

I missed so much - "Baldur's Gate" seems to have been one of the very good ones?

Hellshade thanks for the updates. My anticipation is Skyhigh. I gratefully have the weekend OFF so I'll be Skyrimming to my delight. Early press review scores are coming in at 9.5 and 9.7 out of 10. There is talk of game of the year but I don't care much about that as I am more inclined to think of it possibly being RPG of the decade. I've been checking on the PC requirements and it's not so bad that I will also get it for PC as well as PS3. I'll have it in my furry paws tomorrow. Marriage, in game, maybe. We'll see. Why buy the cow when you can steal the milk under the fence? I do think that the idea of a marriage partner, can be a male character also I understand, is that you can have a companion for your quests. Todd Howard has stated that Bethesda has tried to debug the game and in the process have found some amusing glitches that they decided to leave in for our amusement. He knows it's a game, we might forget that, hehe.

The Elder Planes Phase IV: SKYHIGH

Edited by Rickitycrate

Just been shopping, I've seen "Skyrim" in two shops here already.

But sorry, gents - 60,- Euro (82,- US-Dollar) is absolutely over the top.

I can wait.

Downloading Skyrim as I write this from Steam for 49.99€, will unlock at about six hours from now so after all, maybe I don´t have any more time to sleep! But pizzas and colas are already in my fridge, beers too, as well as pringles, chokolates and other game survive food. Connection with Steam is rather slow at the moment but I got another six hours!!

Getting mine delivered tommorow from Amazon (been dispatched already) - although I won't get to play it until monday as I'm having it delivered to my home address (go home on weekends) where as my proper gaming computer is at University.

Gives me time to finish the main story from Oblivion over the weekend though I guess - had the thing for years but never seemed to get around to finishing the main quest...

For those looking for a solid, in-depth review of Skyrim without Spoilers, I found the IGN video review to be very well done. It clocks in around 7 minutes and most of the footage is just breathtaking.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/10/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-video-review?objectid=93395

A bunch of reviews are out and so far the results are all 90% or better, with an average score being around 95%.

Here's a site with a bunch of the review overviews and scores in one place so you can see what they are saying in general.

http://www.computera...eview-round-up/

I'm definately looking forward to picking up my PC copy tomorrow morning at 10am at Best Buy.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

This is great Hellshade thanks. Shouldn't you be getting some sleep? :grin:

Another hour maybe to fully download and then I have only to wait until the game unlocks. If not late tonight then first thing in the morning!!!

Oblivion was so bad. The main quest sucked big time. What am I supposed to do? Have fun with the side quests and breaking into houses? it looked good. Skyrim looks good as well, but if there is no interesting gameplay, story etc. I will not even consider buying it.

I didn't even touch the main quest in Oblivion until my 5th or 6th character. He was a goody-2-shoes type who first did the Knights of the Nine DLC thing. All my previous characters had been thugs or worse and had lived very successful lives. One guy was head of the Thieves' Guild, then moved on to the Dark Brotherhood, and finally took over the Shimmering Isles. Another became leader simultaneously of both the Fighters' and Mages' Guilds. Another was a very powerful vampire. One explored the entire world and had at least 1 scalp of every non-quest-specific enemy in the game. Stuff like that. It was only after doing all this other stuff that I finally decided to give the main quest a try.

I missed so much - "Baldur's Gate" seems to have been one of the very good ones?

I got the 1st one, thought it was good but no cigar, didn't finish it, and never bought the others.

Just purchased off the shelf 5 minutes after the store opened! Only problem now is I have to put in a day's work before I can get home to install it. :cool:

Got it on my harddrive at last, installed and ready to launch, maybe just one hour until unlock! I'm so excited guys!