Sign in to follow this  
hrc

IL-2 '46 patching mess

I've come back to play IL-2 after many years (4 maybe) 'cause I've found many interesting looking campaigns on this site. In order for mod's campaigns to work my original IL-2 '46 has to be patched heavily . Now I don't have problem with downloading and applying patches in general, but the problem is that there is no guide on patches hierarchy, or whether the 'patches are cumulative or not (unlike with WO', SF series that have good patch explanation). I've searched on all relevant IL-2 sites but couldn't find any comprehensive guide or walkthrou on how patches are applied. To be precise I need to patch IL-2 '46 to UP 2.01. Any help on the sequence how these packs/patches are applied would be a lifesaver. Thanks.

Edited by hrc

I've only done the official patches, and AFAIK you need to do them all ie 4.09m, 4.10m, 4.10.1m.

UP 3 is avaivable for 4.10.1m, if i remember right it is now at RC4 stage probably the last before final version

Ok thanks, those are as you say official patches. Does anyone knows about ultrapack 2.01. What does it reguier prior to its own installation?

Edited by hrc

It separates into a few different version at UP2.1............

Through UP2.1 you can patch the game right from 4.09m to 2.1, easy day :)

for 3.0 RC4 you do a sep install of IL2:1946, use the megapatch on mission4today, patch stock to 4.10.1. Then download and install UP3.0 o'er top of it. Then start applying patches RC2, RC3, and RC4 over top of this.

There is also HSFX. Again, separate install of game and install it over the stock 4.10.1

Dark Blue Water (DBW) is for offline only and I don't know anything about it.

Go to this website, it's where this question would be better answered:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php

~Stingray

Dark Blue Water (DBW) is for offline only and I don't know anything about it.

AFAIK, Dark blue world (not water :grin:) needs UP 3.0

Thank Stigray72, this is helpful, lots of work in front of me. but hopefully it will be rewarding.:victory:

AFAIK, Dark blue world (not water :grin:) needs UP 3.0

It does require UP3. I am having a blast with it.