Sign in to follow this  

I know that SF2 handles Num decals diffrently than SF1, The question is does SF2 Still use a num decal without the numbers added to the file name to stop no-shows?

SF 1 - numberNum.tga , NumberNum000.tga , NumberNum.001.tga ect.

Raven

you start alway with the 000 at the end.

in SF2 you can enter in the textureset.ini of the skin

the start number. --> 0

the end number --> for example 86

decal block size = 87 (only for the example above)

there with everything works fine with the numbers.

Will sf 2 ignore a num.tga without the 000,001,002 ect added. raven

As far as I understand it, it still handles it the same way, SF2 just adds parameters to define the count and starting/ending of available numbers and whether or not they should be attributed randomly.

It seems a half-assed way to do things as a count and an offset would be an easier implementation but maybe a harder concept to grasp for non-dev who apparently had a hard-time getting around the fact that counting starts at 0. :rofl:

It offers an interesting way to do things as you can build up your numbers in one big block and only attributes part of it to each skin. Let's say I've done decals for 48 French RF-84F, numbered from 000 to 047 and want to use only 16 per squadron, then I'll define DecalNumberStart=0 and DecalNumberEnd=15 in the ER1/33 TextureSet.ini, then use DecalNumberStart=14 and DecalNumberEnd=31 in the ER2/33 TextureSet.ini and so on...

It's an elegant way to build it up for some things and keep decals close together without having to play on long names or folder to differentiate between years/squadrons etc...

Soulman : Nope, you don't "have to" start at 000 any longer.

Edited by Gunrunner

Well I doing a update for decals and the same ones are used in SF1 and 2, so for the upload I'm just going to put the No-numbers in a extra folder for SF1 only.

Thanks

Raven

They'll work as placeholders in SF2, but they're not needed in theory as if the ini files are done properly the engine will not try to attribute numbers out of range.