Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Direct Flak Hit

Watch this little video and keep your eye on the lower formation in the distance. One in a million flak hit.

My Movie.wmv

Edited by quack74

Actually happened to me once. Flying along happily, not even bothering to dodge the Archie at the height I was at, cause everyone knows they can't hit you. No Huns about. Everything serene. Then, BOOM! yikes.gif Everything in splinters, down you go. It's never happened to me again, but it was quite a shock.

Wow. Archibald - certainly did!

This is great. I've never seen an explosion like that in First Eagles. How did you manage to capture that?

Actually happened to me once.

Once? Once?! In the original unpatched FE it took flak about 20 seconds to get a perfect shot at you, unless you dashed to tree top level. Oh, and one MG bullet could take off your wing. That was scary :grandpa:

In fact, in Italian Front it's very common. You have large formations of Caproni flying slowly and straight. They are big flak targets!

In fact, in Italian Front it's very common. You have large formations of Caproni flying slowly and straight. They are big flak targets!

Thats true. In my Caporetto campaign I've seen a bunch of Ca3's and some DFWC5's getting hit by Flak. It's cool to watch.

Hey Quack74,

Very late reply to an old post, great video! I love Archie, although always a bit of a shock when you yourself get hit. Hey I really like your windloop sound (it's not the stock is it?) where did you get it from?

Cheers,

SpinyNorman

I've had it for a few years now. Cant remember what download it was from. But I did get it from here in the FE download section under "Sounds Mods". There are a lot of great sound mods in there too. Try a bunch of them.

cheers! I've got the gun sounds but hadn't tried the others, will have a rummage through them.

You can also try some engine sounds made for Over Flanders Fields. And the stall sound that comes with some A-Team planes.

Thanks guys.

Got the FE sounds v.2 which has that windloop in it, and also went and checked out OFF and got the Soundtweak III, loads of cool sounds there, bullet hits, loads of engines, damaged engines etc.

Cheers.

Back on the topic of Flak...

Is there any way to get some shrapnel damage from flak bursts? I found [shrapnelDebris] in aircraftobject.ini, is it this? playing with this doesn't seem to have an effect, maybe I just need to keep trying, and ramp it up?....

Nope, [shrapnelDebris] is for the visual thing only. But you can go to each gun and increase the CartridgeWt to your taste. The explosions will have more ratious, but be careful, the planes here are slow. If you want some true deadly flak go to the download section and search for the 37mm AAA.

Thanks for that Ojcar.

Will play around with CartridgeWt (I had played with Warhead Wt but not Cartridge!). Yeah I have got Tailspins great 37mm Sockelflak and added truck mounted 1pdr pom poms as well (just stock 13pdr truck). The 37mm AA is lethal but looks great, it's made me change my flying habits in enemy territory.... give enemy airfields a wide berth....

As always guys thanks heaps for all the tips.

Ohhhhhh, sorry I meant Warhead, not cartridge!!!!!!!! I think I must stop drinking beer....

Edited by ojcar

hahah no worries! will keep playing with WarheadWts. Newbie Question... I don't have to use the Guns Editor to change things like that? Just change it in the gundata.ini and the data.ini for that gun?

Edited by SpinyNorman

You don't need it in FE2. Very easy job!