Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

And the tentative time frame for a P4 release is when?

I will go out on a limb here, and I expect to be shot at from multiple sides, but so be it.

I think the loyal fan-base here "deserves/expects/needs/requires" (fill in your own acceptable term) some kind of release date or a time frame for the P4 release.

Yes, yes I know a demand such as this may be a bit cheeky as the Devs are kind of a private group and not a company or a bit forward in our chummy atmosphere here but I feel some kind of time estimate really should be given by the Devs to the members here who are patiently (or in my case impatiently) waiting for the heavens to break.

If its two years, one year, six months, whatever then please say so.

If you truly do not know because of the state of the work being done and progress or new changes or revisions that is fine too but say something.

And yes I have heard from other members here, and yes I am willing to wait - or have too as OFF is the only game in town IMHO - but really some kind of release time frame is, I don't think, completely unreasonable.

Two weeks.

When it's Done.

Never. They've scrapped everything and are leapfrogging directly to P5. :grin:

I suggest finding another obsession until they are ready to announce something. Skyrim. Battlefield 3. Minecraft Ultra Graphics Edition. Something. It helps with the waiting process.

Hellshade

Two weeks.

Are those "two weeks" calendar days or work days?

Just another obsession...

plug_nickel

Are those "two weeks" calendar days or work days?

Alaska weeks. Where each day and night is 6 months long. :blink:

Hellshade

We're all anxious for the release I'd say Duke. I've seen too many releases get rushed and fall short due to outside pressure to meet a deadline. If that happened here a lot of people would be crushed so I'd rather let the developers do their thing on their timeframe, and deliver us something they can be proud of - that we can all be proud of and enjoy. :salute:

Edited by Shiloh

Argh...gentleman please.

This always seems to happen when this question is asked.

I am not saying "rush a release" or anything like that.

People always seem to feel a need to defend the Devs here on this subject.

I am just asking what I feel is a reasonable question not slamming the Devs.

If they do not wish to answer that is fine - it is certainly their right.

And it's not really a big obsession I think?!? :grin:

Edited by DukeIronHand

I think it should be rephrased to begs and implores. But 2 weeks is cool.:cool: My checkbook is P-4 ready.

What's P4?

:rofl:

Hi Guys,

We are working flat out and I have to say its looking damn good in all aspects but we have overhauled just about everthing and added so much to our requirements for P4 that it is taking longer than even we expected.

But we believe that the wait will be so very well worth it.

Have no fear we will not be rushed by these posts/requests but I can say this - our hopes of a 2011 release are probably now not realisable....and no that does not mean January 2012 either!

HTH

WM

our hopes of a 2011 release are probably now not realisable....and no that does not mean January 2012 either!

HTH

WM

Now, that's good news (for our wallets)! grin.gif

....our hopes of a 2011 release are probably now not realisable....and no that does not mean January 2012 either!

HTH

WM

Actually Winder that is very helpful and it tells me quite a lot - thank you.

If you guys posted any kind of time estimate before I missed it.

And very funny OvS.

Edited by DukeIronHand

I sympathise 200% with release dates.

When my customers insist on fixed starting dates, I know they're not being unreasonable, but I still hate it. The minute, and I mean the next minute, I commit myself to a date, all sorts of delays occur, meteors divert their path towards Earth, Mars Pluto and Jupiter suddenly line up in the 3rd quarter, unexpected distractions occurs, you suddenly have to be somewhere or do something unavoidable you didn't expect. If you don't have a deadline, you follow the same path step for step, but with a deadline agreed, you're under pressure all the way. I know other people have schedule too, I KNOW, but what annoys me, is people thinking I'm being willfully evasive or delaying a job on purpose. I cannot make them understand that compelling me to give them a starting date does not bind my schedule to behave as predicted. Oh that life was that simple.

Take your time fellas, get it right. I used to tell my apprentices not to rush a job. Once a job is finished, nobody knows how long it took to do, speed of construction a grossly overblown modern concept which is much more irrelevant than people think it is. If you make an arse of a job because it was rushed, it's a piece if "**%! from day one which lies on your conscience until somebody takes pity on you and demolishes it. The older I get the more faith I have in the age old calm words of a master craftsman - "It'll be ready when it's ready".

We're not going anywhere else to get P4, you guys are the only show in town. All us consumers might get frustrated from time to time, but that's what consumers do. But c'mon guys, we're better to grumble about it amongst ourselves, and let's not 'offload' expectations onto the team. They don't need the added pressure I am sure, and we risk being the losers. :salute:

Now, this was different, Winder - I had expected Pol's usual "maybe any time soon"-teasers.

I'm absolutely convinced, that your policy is the best - not being rushed by requests or money lenders,

but driven by the desire to create a perfect product. All the best, guys!

Edited by Olham

As long as it's by December 22nd 2012, we should have enough time to get it installed and take a few flights before being smashed in the head by a gigantic granite slab that's been ripped from the Mayan calendar.

Works for me....good.gif

Cheers,

Parky

I'm absolutely convinced, that your policy is the best - not being rushed by requests...

Arrghhh...

It certainly sounds like a MAJOR overhaul in all departments then!..Oh, and hello OvS..first time you've posted in ages :drinks: ... Hope you are well and happy m8

Well, I'm with everyone else...very happily playing P3..... but looking forward to 2012!!!

(hope the bloody world doesnt end before we get our mitts on it!) :lol:

tranquillo, your dreams are even wetter than others', eyh? :grin:

2012 eh. Well that settles it then, I'm off to town to see if I can get Battlefield 3!!

Tony

Gentlemen, gentlemen.

Ars longa vita brevis, or something.

I am actually quite enjoying the anticipation: Christmas eve is always better than Christmas day, unresolved tension crackling in the air - lovely.

In any case, I suppose we in the antipodes will have to endure 2 - 3 weeks of delay caused by the mails - assuming P4 will be a cd rather than a down-load.

That will be hard, when reading all the whoops of delight on these boards. :cry:

Cheers, from the "lucky country".

Christmas? You must have got something wrong there, Sid.

Christmas? You must have got something wrong there, Sid.

Sorry, Olham,

I mean anticipation similar to Christmas, not that the release of P4 will be at Christmas (as I'm sure we would all wish).

But then some people absolutely loath the "festering" season so perhaps not the most apposite similie.

Hope I'm not being obtuse here.

Cheers

I was sure I was going to get Battlefield 3 and then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that once Skyrim comes out, I'm probably not ever going to touch it again. 11.11.11 will come around soon enough and I don't think it'd be worth the $60 for just a three week filler. So despite the awesome new Frostbite 2 engine, I'm just going to piddle around with a few games I have. I hear BF3 is excellent though. Let me know your personal opinions please.

Hellshade

tranquillo, your dreams are even wetter than others', eyh? :grin:

Indeed, Olham. I must stop buying these cheaper hot water bottles.