Sign in to follow this  
bkaposta

How do I lock on a ground target?

ok i cannot lock on a grouund target it seems like i have to just have a visual on target and bomb like the old days. i have new aircraft and want to lock on ground targets but i dont know how. i can lock on a2a taregets no problem but i cant seem to get it for ground targets any help please???!!!!

instead of pressing T for an airborn target......press E to get a ground target.

Once you have pressed "E" to get a visual on the target, try pressing the "Insert" key, or "Shift + Insert". Not sure but I think that will make the radar grab what you have visually targeted and put a radar lock on it.

No, there's no ground lock on the radar in SF2 so far. Using E you can cycle between tanks, AAA, ships and your primary target of a strike mission. You can't target a random warehouse or other buildings.

thank u all for the help new to game didnt know so using e cycles tanks and aaa but what if ur target is a communications building? just free fall?

If a building is your main target it will appear by pressing the E key..

thank u all for the help new to game didnt know so using e cycles tanks and aaa but what if ur target is a communications building? just free fall?

That depends on the weapon you are using. If it's a "free fall" bomb, then, yes, it's going to free fall from your airplane to the ground, hopefully near the target.

If your weapon is a LGB, then it will have some tracking and steering ability. Etc..

Also, if you're flying a more modern aircraft, there may be a CCIP in the hud to help you aim. If not, then you just have to use the gun sight. In that case, this will help: http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_055a.html