Sign in to follow this  
DarthRevan

Problems with Anatolia terrain

My AnatoliaV2 just stopped working it loads to 100% but then freezes the game and I get the message "A problem made SF2 stopped working" (Not exactly the right message it is hard to translate from Swedish to English).

The only change I've made was to install latest patch from Thirdwire. The other terrains seems to work though.

I have the same problem. When mission loads, stops at 100% and then pc stops working. The only difference is that I haven't installed the latest patch.

Edited by tiopilotos

This is on the read me :) for the terrain:)

IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATIONS

1. Everytime you load up the game. Run a quick single mission and quit without flying.

All the successive SingleMission/Campaign games will work as designed and expected.

(Why do this? Because the project includes many ground objects, seldomly the game engine has problems loading

everything, so the first mission you load up will have many objects/ships missing from the map.

The game does some kind of caching so after that first mission, everything will show!)

2. If you don't have a powerfull computer, lower your settings to avoid crashes.

If your game crashes or locks up at %100 LOAD, try running your first mission with Settings:

-Enemy Air Activiy: LIGHT, Enemy Air Defense: LIGHT

3. The Terrain has LimitedNations set the TRUE. So you'll only get aircraft with only Turkish and Greek markings.

4. A specific Anatolia_EnvironmentSystem.INI is included and you can edit it to your liking.

Take note that in the Environment file the clouds are set to a specific MinBaseAltitude to overcome the cloud bug.

5. All included Guns/Weapons/Sounds are for the necessary ground objects. Nothing extra is included here.

Without the GroundObjects and their respective files, the map will not look as designed.

(For example, naval traffic in the Aegean, historical sam sites and navy/army bases)

6. Most naval traffic in the Aegean Sea is classified as NEUTRAL. You can attack them but you can't order your

wingman to do so. If you want, edit & classify the target areas as "Alignment=ENEMY" in the Anatolia_TARGETS.INI

No problems here with the latest patch.

But since the project is loaded with many targetareas/groundobjects/etc. , the more aircraft mods you add, the more likely it will blowup the game engine. And yes the outcome is CTD at %100 LOAD.

Please, try the suggestions from the Readme that Porterjr pasted. Hope it works for you too. With me the "launch the mission a second time" tecnique is ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL.

Edited by PureBlue

No problems here with the latest patch.

But since the project is loaded with many targetareas/groundobjects/etc. , the more aircraft mods you add, the more likely it will blowup the game engine. And yes the outcome is CTD at %100 LOAD.

Please, try the suggestions from the Readme that Porterjr pasted. Hope it works for you too. With me the "launch the mission a second time" tecnique is ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL.

It didn't work for me game still crashes at 100%

It didn't work for me game still crashes at 100%

Ok, is the terrain installed in an already modded install, or did you create an exclusive install for it?

And what's your hardware specs?

You can try, creating a new clean install (mod folder for it, the exclusive way), then only copy over the Terrain\Anatolia folder, skipping the groundobjects.. See if that works at all.

Edited by PureBlue

Ok, is the terrain installed in an already modded install, or did you create an exclusive install for it?

And what's your hardware specs?

You can try, creating a new clean install (mod folder for it, the exclusive way), then only copy over the Terrain\Anatolia folder, skipping the groundobjects.. See if that works at all.

I tried it in a heavy modded installation. It worked fine before the latest patch from thirdwire.