Sign in to follow this  
lixeta

How to add antiship missile to ship

I am trying to add antiship missile to Slava mod.

But when playing, missiles launch from incorrect position and go vertically like VLS.

How can I set up position and pitch to launch them from the SS-N-12 launcher?

img00009.jpg

img00010.jpg

This sort of thing is my specialty. I'm busy with other projects and personal stuff this weekend, but I'll post a modified data file here early next week. Maybe I'll give the Udaloy II some Sunburns while I'm at it.

• Like 1

Sorry, only one pitch axis per ship, so it can have ASMs, or SAMs, but not both, unless you can live with the ASMs using the SAM pitch axis.

Yes, I forgot to mention that giving the ship ASMs means sacrificing its SAMs. In addition to the single-pivot restriction that Fubar mentioned, there's a bug with ground objects' DetectSystem. If the TargetType= is set to anything except GROUND, they'll attempt to lob their anti-ship missiles at aircraft. >_>

By the way, is there an SS-N-12 Sandbox (a.k.a. P-500 Bazalt) tucked away in some weapon pack somewhere? I'm overloaded with projects and really don't have time to build one myself.

Progress so far.

gallery_33721_313_117699.jpg

Udaloy II + Sunburn

gallery_33721_313_100052.jpg

Slava + Sandbox

(...Well, I'm substituting a Kingfish model for now since it's the closest thing I have in terms of dimensions)

Not really sure modding the Slava like this is worth it, in any case. As amusing as one-ton-warhead anti-ship missiles are, the SA-N-6 Grumbles are what makes it an interesting target in game. And there are only, what, three in active service? On the other hand, the Udaloy II is a sub-class itself, and there's only one of them, so might as well do something different with it. I suppose I'll release different variations of the data files and let the end users decide.

Udaloy II is one tuff customer when the CIWS Kashtan are operational Im glad your doing the ship to surface to surface versions i get to feeling sorry for the Udaloy and Slava because when the airbattle is done the Tico's and Burke's Give them what for...... at least with some asw they can give some back

Edited by colmack