Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

WHAT? No World Series Thread?

I sometimes forget to check this forum, but I can't beleive their is no World Series thread! This has been one of the weirdest and entertaining (if not very well played sometimes) World Series in a long time.

If you are interested in baseball at all, I hope you saw the last hour or two of Game 6 last night. After being ahead for most of the game, the Rangers went ahead by 2 twice in the ninth and tenth innings, and the Cardinals came back to tie them both times. On two separate occassions, the Rangers were within one strike of winning the series. Finally, in the 11th innning, the Cardinals third baseman (who had tripled to tie the game in the ninth), hit a game ending home run to center field.

I admit that baseball can be pretty boring for most of the season and early in many playoff games, but this one was so full of ups and downs, you couldn't help but keep watching.

Anyways, tonight is the last game, winner take all. Go Cardinals! ::grin:

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

great game and great WS so far. IMO the best since 1996.

but IMO one reason the games have ups and downs and are thrilling is that there are two teams in the WS who actually shouldn't be there. i rather expected the yanks and the phillies, especially the phillies. but since you have IMO good teams, but not WS quality teams playing now, they are doing more mistakes, than the actually best teams who are not there would have made. and making more mistakes pitchingwise, fieldingwise, baserunningwise etc. is making the games maybe more momentumshifting and exciting.

that's one of the reasons why i don't like the playoff system at the moment. often enough teams reach the WS because they had a hotstreak at the end of season and which they carried through the playoffs, instead of the actually best teams who fought all year long through ups and downs and who are maybe just caught on a coldstreak or simply exhausted. IMO they should wether extend the first round to best of seven instead of best of five, or cancel it completely and play only the division winners, like before.

Yes last nights game was epic. Stomach problem and all, I stayed up and watched it. It was one for the books.

IMO Texas gave it to them in game 6. Why would you pass Pujols(who wasn't hitting squat except for game 3) to pitch to Berkman(the best hitter in the series)?

They should have suited up the Old Man(Nolan Ryan). He would have got Pujols out. :good:

IMO Texas Managerial errors.