Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Anatra DS in progress

I'm working on the Anatra, a Russian 2 seater. I have it built and rigged, I'm working on the cockpit and skins now. Several sources mentioned a gun mounted on the front for the pilot, but I could find no photos of it. This seemed like a logical place for it.

post-67404-0-47899900-1319822976.jpg

post-67404-0-16522400-1319822984.jpg

post-67404-0-04446200-1319822993.jpg

post-67404-0-05454600-1319823001.jpg

post-67404-0-57532500-1319824562.jpg

post-67404-0-64152300-1319824571.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918

Now, that's a nice model - and a plane I doubt we'll see in too many other WW1 sims! Great stuff!

Another beauty Stephen1918!

I love that exhaust system.

Have to confess I have not noticed the Anatra before, but your model looks quite beautiful and the engine cowling is very intriguing. Great work again.

Cheers, Grinseed

funny thing is I was looking at some of your 3d work and wishing that this would be your next project. it's another great model and it will be well used for certain.Thank you.

also I think late in the war Austria captured the factory and ordered some as trainers and recon planes,though I'm not sure how many were deleviered in time to see action.

... also I think late in the war Austria captured the factory and ordered some as trainers and recon planes,though I'm not sure how many were deleviered in time to see action.

Austria-Hungary took possession of Odessa, where the Anatra factory was located, late in 1917. They continued building them and called them the Anatra CI. They made quite a few of them. I will have a skin with the Austrian cross painted over the Russian insignia.

Do you know where were used the Austrian ones? Only in Eastern Front, or maybe Italy?

Do you know where were used the Austrian ones? Only in Eastern Front, or maybe Italy?

More than 100 were built for Austria. After the war, several of them ended up with Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia, so it seems likely they were used on all the Austrian fronts. Using the Anatra as an Austro-Hungarian plane in the Italian Campaign would definitely be realistic.