Sign in to follow this  
logan4

SF2 DLC Hunter F.58 Swiss Air Force

Hunter F.58 is the Swiss version of F.6 with air-to-ground features of FGA.9, modified to carry AIM-9s in 1963, and uprated engine in 1970 as F.58A.

Includes 3 player aircraft versions with 2 Swiss Air Force texture sets.

Congrats, you've beaten TK to a forum announcement :)

Oh, I like the price of this one. Oh, yes I do.

Edited by Gr.Viper

Congrats, you've beaten TK to a forum announcement :)

Just pure luck, log-ed in to see if there is anything new..and there it was sitting 1min old, I could not resist ;o)

Just a little curiosity...

any substantial difference from the F.58 here at CA?

The freeware F.58 is based on one of the stock Hunters and has very detailed skins.

Well, let's see how it stands against GMGs Swiss hunter, as these guys did an excellent job on it! But anyway, for me it's almost a duty to buy it!!!:grin:

for me no longer, the DLC thing is starting to be a NOGO and waste of resources...

oh, there's so many AI-only Migs-17 TK could release, say 15$ a plane as these are the infamous Red side. Got the sarcasm?

:bye:

@Leidgenosse:

Well...if you buy it...can you do a little review for us? :wink:

Edited by mdatelmi

ugh! That makes the DLC and that train simulators addon wagoons good deal :grin:

anyway, I'm waiting for the new title with both hope and... ok with hope then

When i read this

not going to buy it, sorry. Hunters are least of my interest, the A-4, Mirages, these were good investment for me gameplay/scenarios wise.

Would be it really that hard to re-release that Intruder? Even with old series-1 cockpit, and without some simple DIANE implementation? No need for BMS-level of avionics, something more like FC2.0 would do just fine for me. Or maybe bringing the Skyraiders to flyable-state? And it wouldn't be that hard to make USAF F-16A as many repeat over and over without response... skins and some ini tweaks. Or some new map for the Japanese and Australian planes?

I love this series, spend many many time doing mods for it, but it's getting more and more annoying; give us Tomcat, give us 21-century terrain/environment engine, give us decent map/targetareas editor. Striking the Vinh boat docks that consists of three buildings and a fueltank is getting OLD.

Sorry for slight rant. Thirdwire makes perfectly fun/sim balanced 90s-style titles, really not as "lite" as TK claims but they need progress!

and this

for me no longer, the DLC thing is starting to be a NOGO and waste of resources...

it seems that we, people who like TK's, work crave for for something new (and even if we bought (at least for me) most of the DLC (11 of the total for me))

maybe it's time for Thirdwire to (at least) just post some screenshots of what we are all waiting for.

ps: for me DLC aren't waste of effort, some of them are very interesting i think.

Edited by Murphy'S

oh, I have my own internetz stalker!:grin:

There are other small devs who post a shots of single untextured part of plane mesh when they do progress, why TK's so silent about posting any Tomcat updates is mistery to me... in fact shouldn't be, it's TK after all

:grin: :grin: :grin:

just tought these two opinion wherever they are written sums up some feeling about lack of communcation from tk (but it's not new) amongst the community.

don't get me wrong, I have most of the DLC, sans few Hunters and CCustomizer, but these planes aren't part of something bigger like new small terrain, new campaigns etc.

From some not so short time, seeing as TK clearly has slow(ed) general progress on new contend, I thought as others: why not include some 3rd party (MFactory...) planes, some general tweaks, terrains or terrain mods (Kevin's Iran/Iraq...) some stuff this amazing community created over the years. I'm pretty sure many would give away stuff for free or very small amount of money just to be on the "3rd party contributors" credits page (Hell I can name one that would :grin:)

or go full scale FSX-style addons at TW's site (don't shoot me!)... or do a recommended community mods/addons page next to shop one? Something for the crowd to know there are mods to the series (seems to me that contrary to we here would believe, most "lite" users don't mod...)

back to the DLC, why don't release bundles of planes from Expansion packs like flyable P-51D vs AI Spitfire for those who own just one or two titles? Or say Lightning and Harrier for RAF fans stuck with SF2 alone? Plenty of choices there with minimal work involved

Surely, the beauty of DLC is that you buy what you want.

If some folk like to collect them, fair enough. Similarly, if some folk like to get the latest (for the princely sum of £1.92) to chip into the pot to help the continuation of this fine series, again, fair enough.

For $3, I got it. Other than the mission editor, which as an exp 2 owner I didn't need, I've got them all.

I'm looking at it as in investment in future released as much as flying the planes themselves.

Not to say my goodwill knows no bounds. If exp 3 and/or NA are IMO serious missteps, I'll back out. For now, however, I've decided to go with it.

DLC is good to enjoy something on the weekend on the cheap too. getting these every so often and hanging out keeps the weekend busy and enjoyable.

The DLC idea is ok, I´m not a fan of it cause I like to buy a complete game <--- not part by part.

But to spend money for "just" new skins and some ini edits... I would rather spend this money on some good tasting drinks and learn skinning by my self.

If TK would give us a new 3D plane, real work that you don`t need to imagine it`s "new" it would have a better taste for me.

Don`t know how you guys think about it but DLC`s are for me a nogo as long they are ini edits and repaints .. best example is the Mk 58 Hunter... GMG`s is based on a standart Hunter but what is TK`s?

my 2 cent`s

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

I'd lovely pay 50$ for something really new in SF2 world... better than paying ten times 5$ for DLC

That's what's coming, a new game with a new (at least one) plane and a new terrain.

The upcoming expansion will offer a new plane (Mirage F1) and maybe some other things.

The DLC offers stuff that in the past would've been throwaways in a full game or expansion and likely half-ignored. Who'd notice a 9-equipped A-4 in a Mirage F1 addon for instance?

There's no doubt it's not the system we learned simming on. I loved the Falcon 3 model. For full game price you got a full plane with a theater. For an addon price you got a new theater and a variation of the plane you had. Buy them all, merge them all, fly every plane in every theater. That's what TK did until recently when it became apparent he wasn't going to make enough the "standard" way.

Remember, folks, TK isn't EA or Activision. He's not rolling in it. Besides, the games run fine without these anyway. You don't NEED them (although you could argue the campaign customizer and mission editor really help out).

TK is small and low on manpower, I think everybody knows it, but the fact is: A bit more input (my 3D example, not only a repaint) would be more attractive to more <--- people to buy a DLC, cause it`s something realy "new"

What we need at this point (to improve moral i guess :grin: ) is some screenshots of what is coming

so please DanW :laugh:

Show us some stuff

^what my personal stalker said :grin:

^what my personal stalker said :grin:

yeah

i was i kind of spy in a previous life :grin:

but obviously not good enough to penetrate thirdwire defences :threat: