Sign in to follow this  
danwatto

Difficulty Questions

Hi All,

Does anyone know how the Hard AI difficulty works? Will the AI actually "cheat" at flight models like some other sims? Or will they just fly smart?

Also on Hard difficulty, is the accuracy of the rear gunners on bombers realistic? It's very hard to approach without being destroyed :)

Also what is the most reallistic difficulty for the ground fire? Is "Normal" like normal, and Hard harder than reality?

Then for Campaign difficulty - it says this affects how the rest of the campaign battles play out in the manual. Does this mean SF2 uses a dynamic campaign engine??

Is it possible to win the campaigns on Hard (if your aircraft is decent) ?

Cheers

AI difficulty adjusts the ratio of good/bad pilots in your and enemy forces. Hard - more enemy aces, stupid wingmen. Easy - the other way round.

AI always flies using intermediate Normal FM. You can pick Easy or Hard FM for yourself but the AI is locked to normal.

Campaign difficulty affect the impact of you successes and failures on the general progress, IIRC. I haven't touched that setting in years, normal seems fine.

It's very hard to approach without being destroyed :)

Try a different angle of approach or use missiles.

AI difficulty adjusts the ratio of good/bad pilots in your and enemy forces. Hard - more enemy aces, stupid wingmen. Easy - the other way round.

AI always flies using intermediate Normal FM. You can pick Easy or Hard FM for yourself but the AI is locked to normal.

Campaign difficulty affect the impact of you successes and failures on the general progress, IIRC. I haven't touched that setting in years, normal seems fine.

Try a different angle of approach or use missiles.

Thanks, I was mainly trying Hard to hope for good pilots on my side and the enemy side at the same time. But I think they're not too bad AI so I'll use Normal.

What's the difference between Weapon Supply Normal and Limited? I know unlimited is exactly that.

But between normal and limited, do you run out of missiles quickly on limited? Ever run out of decent missiles on Normal level?

Normal still seems to give tons to play with. On Limited you can run out of the best stuff if you waste it, flying in large crowds. I ran out of all AIM-7s once in SF2E campaign. That was thrilling, considering that AIM-9L were also gone and F-15 without them is a sorry sight. However we were resupplied later.

Normal still seems to give tons to play with. On Limited you can run out of the best stuff if you waste it, flying in large crowds. I ran out of all AIM-7s once in SF2E campaign. That was thrilling, considering that AIM-9L were also gone and F-15 without them is a sorry sight. However we were resupplied later.

Cool Limited sounds fun, but if you don't fire a weapon does it get added back to the stockpiles?

Or are they used up as soon as you take them even if you land with some left?

You take them - you lose them. Maybe with the exception of gun pods.