Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

'RAM performance boost for 32-bit games'

See here.

Haven't tried it yet myself and don't know if CFS3/OFF could benefit, but might be worth a try, if you have a 64-bit O/S.

Edited by 33LIMA

See here.

Haven't tried it yet myself and don't know if CFS3/OFF could benefit, but might be worth a try, if you have a 64-bit O/S.

PS have now applied it - to the CFS3.exe, having taken a backup. Doesn't seem to have done any harm; too soon to say if it's done any good; some load time may be faster, but I may be imagining it...

I've tried it, a couple of years ago. Didn't noticed any difference with OFF.

Edit: I remember the placebo effect. But in the end I concluded that it didn't matter in my case with OFF.

Edited by Von Paulus

It may help in some cases for CFS3 - especially under stress settings, long missions, very high sliders etc. It may help with any crashes you may have which are due to memory running out.

CFS3 will be able to use more memory if it finds - once that 4GB patch is applied to the exe.

Important note: 64 bit and 32 bit OS's access memory differently.

64 Bit OS you will be fine and once patched there is nothing more to do.

However on 32 bit OS's you have to enable the OS to use more memory too. Windows 7 and XP 32 bit OS's have different settings to enable. PLUS you will need to have at least 4GB of physical ram to benefit. On XP make sure you are Service Pack 2 or above. (SP1 will not like the /3G switch needed)

That link above http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556

also has OS instructions.

See under "Instructions for allowing applications to use more RAM in 32-bit operating systems (> 2 GiB RAM required):"

and click "Spoiler" etc.

However make a good backup of your CFS3.exe or any other you try in case you break it.

Yeah my link was for 64bit Windows only I think. All you have to do is direct it to the exe then click a box and done.