Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

AI Empty Weight Mod for Over Flanders Fields Phase 3

AI Empty Weight Mod for Over Flanders Fields Phase 3

View File

If you have found it frustrating that many enemy planes, even inferior ones, seem to be faster and are able to stay above and/or ahead of you in combat, you may want to try this mod. It prevents computer-flown ('AI') enemy planes in Campaign missions from enjoying the performance advantage they get from flying at the plane's empty weight, while player-flown aircraft, more realistically, take account of pilot, ammo and fuel/oil loads.

Not compatible with other Flight Model mods; likely to be OK with Damage Model mods.

See Readme for full details.

@33Lima

I understand that HPW's AlliedFMPack and GermanFMPack both must be removed before loading your AI Empty Weight Mod. Is that correct?

OlPaint01

Thanks a lot for fixing the AI weight, 33LIMA!

:good:

Cheers

vonOben

@33Lima

I understand that HPW's AlliedFMPack and GermanFMPack both must be removed before loading your AI Empty Weight Mod. Is that correct?

OlPaint01

Yes all three use edited versions of the planes' .cfg files so cannot co-exist, which is unfortunate, as people have to make a choice. It would not be difficult to add the empty weight edits I made to HPW's FM files and upload a merged mod this may happen.

Edited by 33LIMA

PS the 3 November update did no more than correct a typo in the displayed title of the mod; you do not need to d/l it again. Feedback welcome, in case it would benefit from a REAL update.

@33Lima and HPW

Would it be possible to merge the Al Empty Weight Mod with the AlliedFMPack and GermanFMPack - as you did with the ArcMods for UltimateDM v1.25?

Thanks.

OlPaint

Yep, working on that at this very minute, although we may have to settle a dispute between using ramp weight and max weight. :wink:

Thanks so much for this fix. This has been a sore spot for me (keeping up with other planes) since Red Baron, it's very frustrating and I never really knew what the reason was. Thanks again for your great work.

Thanks so much for this fix. This has been a sore spot for me (keeping up with other planes) since Red Baron, it's very frustrating and I never really knew what the reason was. Thanks again for your great work.

...and thank you for the positive feedback! :good: