Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

The OFF incomplete campaign editor 0.5.1

i tried this interesting mod of Lothar of the Hill People, which seems to include bletchleys personality profile and other stuff. so far i like it. didn't tried it much yet but so far i like what i see. it has a quite professional touch for a mod and it seems there is lot of work done to create it, although i don't know what is meant with "incomplete". maybe there will be updates over the time, maybe with pictures of the fellow pilots etc.? however, my current campaign character is more the low rank intellectual type and obviosuly not very liked yet :grin: .

i have the feeling this new mod is not endorsed enough or got lost in the forums nirvana, so here the reminder.

thank you Lothar :salute:

Yes, very nice indeed...

I tried it yesterday for the first time and seemed most interesting! :good:

Edited by elephant

I'll have to try it yet. I'd recommend to you, to post an own thread about it, Lothar.

You had it announced in another thread, where it may not get seen by all people.

Maybe some detailed description would also do it good.

So far it sounded to me rather like I had to allow access to my computer, which

would be asked too much IMHO?

Kind of on subject one mod that came in under the radar and that is the HPW News Mod that beefs up the news report during a campaign.

Less of a surprise as it was planned in another thread is 33Lima's AI Weight Mod that essentially equalizes AI plane weight to the same as the human player.

Meanwhile I have tried Lothar's new mod a little bit, and I must say, it is very nice.

It adds the "between the missions"-parts of the pilot's life, which was so funny in

old sims like "Wings of Honour". Only here it is interactive - it will be different

for each pilot - according to the character you chose to play (there are more than

a dozen choices for that).

You can go to the mess or to the Adjutant's office, to the CO, or to your quarter.

When you talk to a person, you have again choices, in which direction the talk

goes, and what the outcome will be for you (you may gain more respect or a

better reputation, or the opposite - lots of possible ways again surely).

I have only just touched it, but I guess, that Lothar's "OFFbase" will compile the

experiences with you, and will shape a persona, a character from these inter-

actions and talks. You may not always like what you get, but that's like real life

then, isn't it?

Lothar wasn't sure, if it would perhaps mix up existing pilots you already have.

Well, in my case, that did not happen. Only that one pilot was used by OFFbase,

and the others remained as they were, and intact (I use Win 7 - 32bit).

If you miss life at your homefield between the sorties; or you don't really know

your own pilots too well - then try OFFbase - it could be what you were missing.

Edited by Olham

Thanks for the feedback and extra advertising, Creaghorn and Olham. If you'd like you can add your reviews to the file download itself here.

It should only merge careers of pilots in the same squad, Olham, and only when you play that squad. So your other pilots will be untouched.

I'll answer other questions and concerns in the discussion thread for the mod.

This sounds really interesting! Bletchley and I talked about such a mod incorporating his 3P pilot mod, but we both felt it was beyond both of our programming abilities. I'm glad that Lothar has taken a stab at this.

Over to the mods forum to take a gander...

Kind of on subject one mod that came in under the radar and that is the HPW News Mod that beefs up the news report during a campaign.

Less of a surprise as it was planned in another thread is 33Lima's AI Weight Mod that essentially equalizes AI plane weight to the same as the human player.

HPW's news mod is great to pair with OFFbase. Anyone try the weight mod?

New version posted, which only needs internet the very first time you run and gives some additional feedback to help you make decisions.

To update, just download the newer version and unzip on top of your existing OFFice folder, replacing existing files.

I get an error saying the file isn't there when I go to the link from a forum thread.

New version 0.5.4 has been posted. Lots of improvements:

New mission results dialog gives more feedback on how your flying affects your career. Rebalanced encounter and mission results. Encounter selection biased by personality, so for example two priests will never engage as drinking buddies, while two heavy drinkers are more likely to. Added a new encounter to test bias.

Go get it!