Sign in to follow this  
saisran

HUD question "Airbrake ON/OFF"

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for this. I kinda have a shot memory span so i tend to forget the last thing i did most of the time, especially when deploying the airbrakes. Setting the HUD on easy lets me have flight info especially the Airbrakes ON/OFF displayed on screen, however it also clutters the entire screen with hundred of RED/BLUE text which is really distracting.

Can someone please tell me if i can have the HUD setting on Normal/Hard but still keep that all important flight info (Airbrakes ON/OFF)on screen? Thanks!

Normal HUD will keep those messages.

For more control over labels etc you can also extract and edit the HUDData.ini

Normal HUD will keep those messages.

For more control over labels etc you can also extract and edit the HUDData.ini

Hi MIGBuster, thanks for the reply. Im playing WOE/WOI. I dont know i can only get the airbrakes on/off label on top in easy HUD config. Where can i find the HUDDATA.ini. is it possible for you to tell me which part i need to change and to what? Thanks again.

i found the HUDDATA.ini but im not sure what to do with it? theres nothing that seems to suggest how im gonna inludes the airbrakes text on normal/easy or remove the target text on easy. anyone?

CAPS

Set the Caps key for brake toggle. A little light comes on the keyboard when you turn caps ON and the light goes off when you turn caps OFF.

Just tried it in SF~1 2008 with PASKO F~106A and it works great. :yes:

Numlock and Scroll~Lock keys might work too for game control switches. Both those keys are also tied to lights on the keyboard.

Well okay maybe old fashioned keyboards like my 50lb IBM Model M assualt keyboard with recoil numpad and key silencer...don't know about newer mush Windows keyboards. Any other keys now that are tied to lights?

CAPS

Set the Caps key for brake toggle. A little light comes on the keyboard when you turn caps ON and the light goes off when you turn caps OFF.

Just tried it in SF~1 2008 with PASKO F~106A and it works great. :yes:

Numlock and Scroll~Lock keys might work too for game control switches. Both those keys are also tied to lights on the keyboard.

Well okay maybe old fashioned keyboards like my 50lb IBM Model M assualt keyboard with recoil numpad and key silencer...don't know about newer mush Windows keyboards. Any other keys now that are tied to lights?

Why didn't i think of that!? drinks.gif its so simple that now i feel so stupid. thanks a bunch. you just saved me a lot of AB fuel thanks!Salute.gif

lol I never thought of it until your poast. Never tried it before.

Lettuce know how it works.

Just tried Scroll lock and it works great. Problem is, if you want to -- say -- have the light come ON when you open the brakes, make sure to turn the light OFF before game. Its a toggle after all. Its another step you have to do. But, caps and scroll~lock I keep OFF normally anyways so its no extra step there.

Numpad however is always ON for me...I love my num pad one reason I can't use those little laptop computers. Worse, turning Numpad off turns off the numpad keys and I use them in game so I probably can't use that. Caps and Scroll work are good though.