I was playing a mission earlier in the "Red Lightning" campaign, and I saw an AI controlled Canadian aircraft. Does anyone know if the Canadians are playable in the stock campaigns (including expansions) and if so, what campaign / squadrion I'd need to select in order to play them?

I've tried looking online at RAF squadrons but no luck so far. I thought maybe someone here would be in the know.

since the CF-104s are AI only (and the 104G for other NATO users), they're probably not. the squadronlist.ini would/might need the addition of the CF squadrons, and the campaign inis edited to match.

however, they are easily converted to player usable .. look in the SF2 Knowledge Base for full instructions

Better yet download NATO Fighters and you'll have plenty of RCAF fighters

I have NATO Fighters downloaded, but I'm not sure how to run a mod and still be able to run the stock game that is being modded at the same time. I know it's in a FAQ / Walkthrough here somewhere...

+1 with Viggen download the Nato Fighters IV and everything else and you are in for a treat Sabre's to Hornets for the Canadians...

create a seperate install for Nato4+

create a seperate install for Nato4+

You mean install SF2:E in another location and apply the NATO 4+ files to it right?

copy the SF2:E exe up and down, BACK into the the C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2

it'll rename itself 'xxxxxcopy.exe' then, just rename it NF4, create a new shorcut, run the game so it builds a new NF4 mods folder, and then have at it! Should be in the SF2 KB someplace....

sorta like the screenie below

Make a copy of SF2:E, rename it NF4+,(or whatever),RUN IT (to create the mod folder),and apply the NATO4+ files to that.

Edited by SupGen

Thanks for the help!

Are there any dynamic campaigns that would encompass the Gulf War or Bosnia / Herzegovina where I could fly a CF-18, or even other modern fighters / bombers?

None for Bosnia etc... as to the next one there are some in the Campaign missions area though most are hypothetical scenarios... one for Israel and one for Taiwan off the top of my head. :drinks:

Thanks again for the info!

Someone with modding knowledge should make one of those campaigns maybe? :unsure:

Problem is lack of terrains... I am no modder but from what I understand creating a terrain is a pain in the ahem neck...

I know nothing about modding either, so I don't know how far off I am, but couldn't the West Germany terrain be used?

ah, no.

you'd need to start with a completly NEW terrain, covering that area.