Stary

PLL LOT 767 from Newark to Warsaw ditched in Okęcie Airport

post-8911-0-88746100-1320161166.jpg

Seems everything is ok, plane 14 years old

:good:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Fine job by the crew!

kpt. Tadeusz Wrona

reports everyone's safe and sound, gear was stuck, unable to extend gravitationally, plane was circling for hour over Warsaw to burn 4 tonnes from remaining 7 of fuel

it's first time in Warsaw's Chopin Int. Airport case of gear-up landing

Great pilot, his skill saved lots of lives! :salute:

Yes Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth is the word, Great job from the crew :good:

Nice job guys...they shouldn't have to buy beer in any pilot hangout for the rest of their lives!

FC

• Like 1

:drinks: great job by the crew! although i wannaa know why something like this happens anytime i fly :blink:

Thats the proof: a skilled pilot can land safely without landing gear. Excellent job! :drinks:

they lifted the plane, mechanically extended the landing gear to tow it away from runway

Me I am just glad that when I fly the airplane takes off and lands okay... normally with all its parts though some may have moved around in flight. Like the time I went to Washington DC and my luggage went to Jamaica...

This thread has been cleaned up and all irrelevant posts and responses have been removed.

FC

Thank you FC!:good:

Things lik this are the reason pilots have to do such a lot of training... Now one sees the usefullnes of a pilots license with a lot of flying hours, simulator hours, practice landings etc A job very well done !!:good:

Training and experience are both necessary, because there's no way to cover it all in training, and there's little chance you'll remember everything years later if you've not used it. I can't even begin to list the things I've forgotten about physics I knew just 15 years ago!

(...) I can't even begin to list the things I've forgotten about physics I knew just 15 years ago!

like in "nothing can travel faster than light"

oh, wait... it can

LOL, I remember those concepts. I'm talking about solving partial differential equations, matrices, etc.