Sign in to follow this  
Shiloh

OT - Halloween Flier

Here was my costume for this years' Halloween festivities in my town. Adults and children get dressed up and march in a parade then go trick-or-treating in some of the best-decorated neighborhoods I have encountered in my life. This cost me all of $20. (I had the leather jacket) and although it's not anywhere near authentic, it was a lot of fun and the kids really liked it. I couldn't get my goggles to stop fogging up. :cool:

img0789edit.jpg

Here was my costume for this years'

Very nice. Are those Ace bandages for puttees?

I also had to get in costume for a parade, but it was the high school homecoming a week before Halloween. The problem was, we were playing a team called the Pirates so the fire department decided to do the parade as a "scalp dance". You know, 1 warrior dresses up like the enemy and is symbolically killed by the others, to get some good mojo working for the upcoming battle. So, I had to dress up as a pirate and get beaten up by other firemen dressed as such, all the while getting jeered and pelted by the crowd. For 3 miles.... Damn good work-out, though :blink:

Shiloh man...you'll be wearing that flying OFF....mark my words! :lol:

Very nice. Are those Ace bandages for puttees?

I also had to get in costume for a parade, but it was the high school homecoming a week before Halloween. The problem was, we were playing a team called the Pirates so the fire department decided to do the parade as a "scalp dance". You know, 1 warrior dresses up like the enemy and is symbolically killed by the others, to get some good mojo working for the upcoming battle. So, I had to dress up as a pirate and get beaten up by other firemen dressed as such, all the while getting jeered and pelted by the crowd. For 3 miles.... Damn good work-out, though :blink:

Those are in fact ace bandages - good eye Bullethead! That sounds like a pretty brutal beat-down there buddy. Way to take one for the team. :grin:

Shiloh man...you'll be wearing that flying OFF....mark my words! :lol:

It's funny you said that Widow as I was thinking of setting up a big fan blowing in my face with my dollar-store goggles and cap to protect me. Talk about immersion. :ok:

Edited by Shiloh