Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Youtube

Is it me?...or does youtube bring out the very worse in people?....can't believe some of the comments on there!...it's scary how much hate people have locked up inside them....maybe, youtube is providing a service...allowing people to get the puss out of their souls?

same problem, YT is just a breeding ground for assholes and trolls (hmm, sounds like a good video game name), not only the comments but the dumb troll videos are pretty sporadic too

Yea its true, I cant believe that people comment such racist and obscene things over there, no respect for other people and so full of hate, its as if the world has rolled back to those barbaric stone age grandpa.gif

I find it oddly refreshing, totally lacking in pc, a real romp. Its fun to read the comments and sometimes the baddies do get a takedown which is also fun to see. Not all of them are like that, especially the more subject/hardware specific vids that fewer would goto see.

Yeah, I guess thats true Lexx.... I put up a video of a Total War mod... called Zulu... And I'm forever having to remove really nasty, racist comments every day...and not just directed at the Zulu's I might add!.....it's a bloody game people!....jeez

I put up a video of a Total War mod... called Zulu...

Napoleon mod? I should watch more videos of that. The slaughter on both sides is spectacular. Well, that's TW in general.

It doesn't bring out the worst in people, it's just a place where people show their true nature. That is what humanity is, and it's why I think it's worthless. When people talk about "the value of a human life" all I can think is if I paid a penny for a human I'd want some hefty change.

That's why I'm in favor of forced global sterilization.

Besides that I can't see the use of posting vids of suicides :blink: Don't know who is most sick. The poor bastards committing suicide in front of a camera or those sick bastards posting is afterwards. or Youtube itself for allowing such posts. In my mind the world have become a sick place. A ego centered place where people don't care for others than themselves... Its always I want and I want it now, I know my rights and no respect what so ever about other peoples property and life..

Just for the record.. I don't watch those vids... Just stumbled across a couple while searching for other non related stuff

take it easy man , most of those people are 13 years old kids

well you know kids , they say things and in the same time they thing about somethings else ( like dons grin.gif )

but yes youtube sucks of comments these days , youtube admins needs a moderators just to watch those 13 years old's comments

Besides that I can't see the use of posting vids of suicides :blink: Don't know who is most sick. The poor bastards committing suicide in front of a camera or those sick bastards posting is afterwards. or Youtube itself for allowing such posts. In my mind the world have become a sick place. A ego centered place where people don't care for others than themselves... Its always I want and I want it now, I know my rights and no respect what so ever about other peoples property and life..

I find myself agreeing with you m8....it's a sorry state of affairs!....but, I'm sure 2012 (or someday soon) will clear up any misunderstandings of whats important

hgbn::

Its always I want and I want it now,...

Youtube comments are trivial. Not trivial is the rest of us, the debtors and borrowers in ignoring traditional cultural advice about savings. Debtors exhibit far more nasty behavior than any youtube poast ever seen, when the topic of savings arises. Granted we are forced into our debt by legal tender laws the banks bribed the .govs to create, making savings impossible, and there's far more frustration building about it than you can shake a trivial youtube comment at.

Jedi::

That's why I'm in favor of forced global sterilization.

That sounds like a copy~paste off a youtube comment, with cleaned up politeness and spelling. :drinks: We just might be headed for a bad ending for, in the words of Fred Reed, "These days, we are the Nazis."

UK::

I put up a video of a Total War mod... called Zulu... And I'm forever having to remove really nasty, racist comments every day...and not just directed at the Zulu's I might add!.....it's a bloody game people!....jeez

UK this thread is worthless without links. Remember, youtube is not a real forum, thankfully. Enjoy it for what it is, not for what it's not -- did that make sense? At least the youtube comments are blunt in a PC world. The bad spelling can be fun because I am such a hardcore spelling bee myself.

Got to agree with you UK_Widowmaker and couldn't agree more with Jedimaster on the humanity thing so heres something

to really make your day Jedi check this and enter your date of birth

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515

Once, I went upon some vid were the poster said something like that, see if i remember:

"You never get to know how far stupidity can go until you post a video on youtube"

So true...

Also its the good place to remind everyone the internet f***wad theory:

215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

I would have put a link to my video..but a bit pointless...as I have removed all the Racist stuff Lexx :drinks:

I do admit top comments, even on normal videos, very interesting and hilarious

Edited by RadPig94

Yep, same here. Its just funny in its moronism, or moronicism? -- (I just made that up) -- Love it. I guess because I try to be so sincere, serious, and even severe in my own internets poastings. And I love spelling mods as you can see.

It is the Jug's opinion that there are some good uses for YT and an equal number of bad uses and they both are in full swing. Little people who have nothing in their hearts and souls spew forth in any forum which makes them feel bigger and better than they are. An open forum, the internet in all of it's flavors, is the go-to place for the bad users as well as the good users (here we all are).

Remember when you were in secondary school and the loud redneck/thug/bully/idiot was spouting forth on whatever subject, most people just walked away. Same applies to the internet and YT. All you got to do is move on. Sorta like passing a smelly bit of something on a walk through the woods. A few more steps and it is not even a memory.

As a Christian, I usually offer a small prayer for the author of these putrid things to eventually see the light. Probably not going to happen, but I feel better offering up the thought and thank the piece of sh*t for the opportunity.

Edited by Jug

The world is full of morons. The difference is, unlike the old days, where being anonymous and widely viewed was difficult, it isn't that way anymore. You can be anonymous, widely viewed, and be an ass with no consequences. It's easy to be a dickhead when you can't get bitch slapped.

Mark my words though...the day is coming when that anonymity will disappear. Some countries have already enacted so-called 'true ID' restrictions.

Personally, I don't like people, so I don't enable comments on publicly viewed content.

FC

You have to take these things with a grain of salt. It isn't like MOST people go out of their way to be jerks. You are just seeing the worst of those who need to declare themselves on the Internet. They likely represent no more than 3% of the opinion of people around the world. But they have a platform to shout it loud and by reacting, or overreacting to them, you provide them with the validation they seek:

That they are exceptional.

I deal with this on one of my sites a lot. Anonymous jerks who just want to try to bring someone down because it makes them feel better about themselves. It is human nature to elevate the importance of negativity, since we are all just trying to hide how fragile our egos are.

I rather like the uncensored, unmoderated, freeforall nature of the youtube comments.

You get to see what people are really thinking in an unfiltered way, for better or for worse.

Of course the freaks and the trolls are gonna show their heads but there are alot comments that go towards the

good side as well.

Does the good outway the bad? Who knows? Probably not but does it really matter?

At the end of the day its only characters on a computer screen. They cant hurt you unless you let them.

But the question is whether they REALLY feel the way they purport to or if they're just trying to do it for shock value?

take it easy man , most of those people are 13 years old kids

well you know kids , they say things and in the same time they thing about somethings else ( like dons grin.gif )

but yes youtube sucks of comments these days , youtube admins needs a moderators just to watch those 13 years old's comments

So true, I especially h8 that as I watch a lot of NBA or other basketball related videos, the comments are very often....ugh

But the question is whether they REALLY feel the way they purport to or if they're just trying to do it for shock value?

In an unmoderated forum, why would that even matter?

Are they really saying something too intentionally shock you?

Or...Are they simply expressing an opinion that you just happen to find shocking?

Does it really matter either way?

Without the elements of body language and voice inflection to give added clues, you just have to take the words you see on your screen at face value.

I guess my whole point is to just let the Freaks have their say.

If you dont like it, you can either ignore them (prolly the best course of action)

Or you can engage them in a flame war. Someone prolly will anyway and it can be fun at times.

As long as no threats are made and no laws are broken, words cant REALLY hurt you.

Unless you let them.

Edited by Echarlie