Sign in to follow this  
hurricane3

Flyable RE8

I have FE1 expansion pack 1 ,will the new flyable RE8 work in that?

Yes it will; I have FE1+Expansion Pack as well as FE2 and the RE8 flies in both. I just used the term 'FE Gold' as I believe this is the same as FE1+Exp Pack. I should say that my FE1+Exp Pack is patched to the latest version, and that's what I tested in. I've no reason to suppose the mod will have any problems with other versions/patches, though.

I fly on 'Hard' FM in both 'FEG' and FE2 and I have the impression the RE may be just a little more sluggish in FEG than in FE2 but I may be imagining that. It certainly files, and strangely, in 'FEG', the RE8 loadout screen doesn't cause the lockup I get there in FE2,

Thanks guys ,I'am going to download it now, always loved the Harry Tate

I downloaded the Flyable RE8 but can't get it to show in the aircraft list in the sim. It shows in the aircraft list in Windows Explorer but not in game. I backed up and renameed the oridinal RE8 ,but I first tried (after backing up to my documents) to just let it overwrite,that didn't work so I deleted the RE8 from the aircraft list in Internet Explorer and putting the RE8 folder into the aircraft list and same thing.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by hurricane3

Response posted in the other thread - please try the extra RE8-ini now included with the updated mod, in the downloads section, available as soon as the mods clear it.