Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

WWI themed comic book. Looks pretty good.

Great looking stuff...especially the paint job (skin) on the Morane. I hope someone does that when P4 gets here.

I tried to find the title of this book. It might be LE PILOTE A L'EDELWEISS but an amazon.com search found nothing. Perhaps one of our French speaking pilots can help here.

Then I went back and started following the links in the column to the far left. There is treasure here. Great art...and all too damned expensive. Books with mouth-watering airplane art ranging from $50+ to $150+. Here's a clip from "The Speedbirds". It's a book about the Schneider Cup races. Then you turn it upside-down and there are illustrations of what the Schneider Cup planes might look like in 2100. Almost every link had something I wanted. Don't miss it.

Edited by Hauksbee

Yep, there's some pretty fine artwork lurking in the links and some very nice IL2 skins to boot. Good find... I'll be revisiting there.

The French certainly know how to announce an Air Show!

The French certainly know how to announce an Air Show!

And how to make bicycles look sexy...

And how to make bicycles look sexy...

With the right set of buns on the seat, they've always been pretty sexy.

wow.......le grand duc series looks marvellous.....wonder if there are english editions?......very cool...thanks for sharing!!!

The balance of the bicycle must be affected by all that weight in the front. :grin:

wow.......le grand duc series looks marvellous.....wonder if there are english editions?....

I dont know, but I suspect not. It took years before the works of Moebius and Phillipe Druillet arrived via 'Heavy Metal'. Today my self control crumbled and I bought about $100 of books seen in those links. "Le Grand Duc" was not among them, but I feel it won't be long. Maybe I can con the family into getting them for Christmas.

Edited by Hauksbee

I found several of his works translated to German. Here is a page of "Über den Wolken" (Above the Clouds):

"Le Pilote de l'Edelweiss" will only appear next year.

Just google for pictures with "Romain Hugault" and you'll get lots. He has good knowledge of the aircraft of WW2.

I always like this one.

post-47353-0-27408600-1320620909.jpg

From 1965. Pretty unusual to make a comic about a German war hero at that time in the USA. Very unusual hero, too.

"Le Pilote de l'Edelweiss" will only appear next year.

Thanks, Olham. You've just saved me hours of searching because I really wanted that one!

these are stunners! what book are these from Olham?

Just google pictures for the author and illustrator names:

Yann Hugault

and you should get some titles, like "Le Grand Duc". Here are two covers (it must be a series):

One more:

OK! I want that one too. (Will there be no end to this?)

"Mmuahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!"

post-46143-0-01747800-1320669598.jpg

I'm guessing she used a lot of back elevator to keep the nose level on her planes. :heat:

I'm guessing she used a lot of back elevator to keep the nose level on her planes.

Fortunately, in a P-39, Lily was sitting right at the center of gravity. Probably all she had to do was adjust her seat back a few inches and the plane, and herself, were perfectly in trim.

Yep, Hugault's art is wonderful. Both about slender planes and buxom girls. But Olham, the French comics publishers even hijack the best German-speaking authors, just the way Delcourt has hired excellent Swiss artist Franz Zumstein for "Les faucons du désert", about fascinating WW2 air warfare over North Africa and Malta. A fine work, and at least, the German version is easy to find.

post-48840-0-65969400-1320943369.jpg

Thank you, Capitaine - do you mean by hijacking, that the French buy their works? Or copy them?