Sign in to follow this  
gaw

Track IR help please

Well......had to do it....bought TrackIR 5 whatever.........it is astonishing and clearly there's a LARGE learning curve ahead. Maybe this is a PM topic so please advise but here goes...

1. how do I access the TR after closing the game to adjust a profile.....I click the shortcut but always have that "already running" warning come up on screen

2. seems the centering F12 is essential and tried to program it to the stick but no go...works on the engineering screen w/ TR but not in the game

3. I have no yaw....again...engineering screen w/ TR shows head tilt working but in game no go

thanks any TR users out there!!

1. how do I access the TR after closing the game to adjust a profile.....I click the shortcut but always have that "already running" warning come up on screen

Look on the tool bar at the bottom right of your monitor screen. If TrackIR is running, you'll see its icon there

If you are using windows 7, you can bring up the screen by clicking the little up arrow by the time in the lower right hand corner. It shows all the programs that are running, it is not always just at the bottom of the screen.

Beard

Thanks fellas....any help on the yaw thing out there.........you other TR guys have yaw? And have you been able to peg the centering command to the stick?.............thanks

Well, YAW is turning your head left and right, gaw.

Yes, the Center command can be put on a stick button. I have it on a top thumb button.

You could try my profile here - you only need to assign the joystick buttons new.

Mine is a mix of a found one, Creaghorns, and my additions. It works very immediate.

It should also work with TrackIR4 (I have TR4 hardware, but TR5 software updated).

Extract it and put it here in the program's folder:

NaturalPoint > TrackIR5 > Profiles

Then start TrackIR and select it. Click "Exclusive", so it won't change on each start.

Edited by Olham

dang....my bad.....what I meant to express was tilting my head from side to side....to keep horizon level as the wings tilt .........guess that's roll....I don't see that expressed in the cockpit. Thanks gents!!

What hardware do you have? The TrackIR4 and 5 have "Roll", and I guess without "Roll"

I wouldn't be able to look over the cockpit sides? Not sure. I'll go ingame and report.

bought 5.......if I lean my torso with head straight I can slide the line of sight a bit to left and right but rolling my head right and left...nada....

No, seems you're right - the "Roll" function doesn't work with CFS3.

Ol...thanks for your perspective....you're an enduring force here...Cheers