Sign in to follow this  
squid

Apache Air Assault

http://apache-game.com/en

I like the eye candy and fps performance (another Gaijin title like wings of prey, small theaters, great eye candy & performance) Its quite fun actually ... Wish it was more MBT sorties oriented . I think it has a tandem operators MP option too ? (that would rock)

Edited by squid

Yup, I'm with you on this, it's a lot of fun, it looks great, and runs like greased lightning on a modest modern system - CloD take note!

OK, so it ain't Longbow 2 - I keep a Win XP system going for that, and when I find the time I'm gonna build a dedicated Pentium/Win98/Voodoo system for all my old Jane's titles - but, in terms of eyecandy, entertainment and honest to goodness playability, Gaijin have their formula down pretty well. I am a fan of WoP, despite the downsides, it's just a great way to have fun with tons of WW2 planes in tons of theatres, and it runs, looks and plays like Marilyn Monroe in a tub of jello. I spent an hour today reading the internet hoo-ha about whether 20 bucks was OK for Black Shark 2, then realised I picked up Gaijin's AAA in one of their occasional sales for, like $4.99, and thought to myself - bargain!

For the record, I think 20 bucks for BS2 is a bargain as well (having picked up BS1 in ED's recent sale for the price of less than a six pack) but then I'm a helicopter junkie, and a red-flyable junkie, so, red-helicopter-flyable plus post-2008 Georgia campaign is close to Nirvana for me ;-)

Slainthe!

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

Flying the Hind was a lot of fun too, but being able to have the nose pitch down 45 degrees without falling out of the sky was a bit disconcerting. It very much felt like Ace Combat (like the not-crap ones) to me, which isn't a bad thing.