gerwin

Alternate TFD Terrain Tilemap editor/viewer

ohhh my ohh my :blink: that looks good and helpful! TY Gerwin for continuos work; you and Mue clearly might be up to something with improving the series editing :ok:

• Like 1

Glad I could help, that change was hardly an effort. But now there is version 0.97; This one reads the TOD files for buildings and trees and displays them in yellow and green. Many thanks to Mue for posting the Tod-File format! The TFDtool.ini file has an option to disable this particular feature.

attachicon.giftod-objects.png

That makes TOD files editable?

That makes TOD files editable?

Nope, you can see how they are placed on each tile, though, as shown in the screenshot above. It's very useful already.

Edited by blaze95

Nope, you can see how they are placed on each tile, though, as shown in the screenshot above. It's very useful already.

Ok, thanks for info.

Quick question [i hope]....How do you change the size of the exported planning maps ? The help file says its adjustable in the TFD.ini........

Hey,

In the manual it says:

"Export three Planning Maps: 512, 1024 and 2048 pixels wide. Adjustable in TFDtool.ini."

The adjustments are just these:

"[Export]

Planning_map_Grid=1
Planning_map_Labels=1
Planning_map_Icons=1"

The program is set to output these sizes because that is what the game expects and uses for the briefing screen: The briefing screen window for the planningmap is 512x512. What would be the benefit of deviating from this?

I have downloaded and used previous versions of the TFD Tool without any problems, up to v0.95, and having the ability promised by v0.97 of reading the TOD files would be a great thing.

But each time I try to download the latest version, v0.97, the zip file is deleted by the Microsoft security essentials program, which says that the zip file contains a virus.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Edited by LeGrandC

I have downloaded and used previous versions of the TFD Tool without any problems, up to v0.95, and having the ability promised by v0.97 of reading the TOD files would be a great thing.

But each time I try to download the latest version, v0.97, the zip file is deleted by the Microsoft security essentials program, which says that the zip file contains a virus.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Me too, AVG anti-virus removes the .exe saying it is a Trojan. I am sure it is a false positive, so I listed it in the exceptions, now I can use it again.

Hey,

In the manual it says:

"Export three Planning Maps: 512, 1024 and 2048 pixels wide. Adjustable in TFDtool.ini."

The adjustments are just these:

"[Export]

Planning_map_Grid=1

Planning_map_Labels=1

Planning_map_Icons=1"

The program is set to output these sizes because that is what the game expects and uses for the briefing screen: The briefing screen window for the planningmap is 512x512. What would be the benefit of deviating from this?

Ah, sorry I thought I was missing something somewhere, I was looking at getting a more detailed map for "another" purpose.

Yep, it is a Trojan in this package. Microsoft Security Essentials says it is a Trojan called Win32/Varpes.M!cl, and gives it a Severe threat level.

I don't think I will be touching this package.

Yep, it is a Trojan in this package. Microsoft Security Essentials says it is a Trojan called Win32/Varpes.M!cl, and gives it a Severe threat level.

I don't think I will be touching this package.

Do as you wish, until gerwin looks at it again. But I can tell you that it works and it gave me no problems, it's likely a false positive.

Just investigated the report on a virus warning. Microsoft Security Essentials did not trigger at any point here, it doesn't see a problem.

Jotti multiple scanner service did see some positives, mostly generic warnings. But only on TFDtool.exe and not in the other .exe and .dlls.

I recompiled with minor changes and managed to remove a few of these generic warnings, one of them being AVG. Later I might try to remove all warnings. 

The package was uploaded with this new build. Note that I did not even execute before uploading: it is just a fresh MSVC build.

post-32175-0-01787200-1470578078_thumb.png

Gerwin, with the recent AVG updates even your latest TFDtool executable appears as a Trojan Generic16_c. I wonder why this happens, I am sure it's a false positive.

OK. I tried some things again. The easiest fix is to disable 'optimize executable for size' in the compiler options. Jotti scan shows "nothing found" with all scanners now. please try the latest download.

• Like 1

It's okay now, many thanks gerwin!

You know, I think the best thing that could come to this next is the Google earth style of rotating the terrain and being able to see the vertical component of the tiles.  I know Mue hasn't been able to do that in his target area editor.  Well the last version I have seen anyway.

Had a beautiful port made up and found out that cargo ships are now mountaineers :)

OK. I tried some things again. The easiest fix is to disable 'optimize executable for size' in the compiler options. Jotti scan shows "nothing found" with all scanners now. please try the latest download.

I tried the download on your page and my avvir founds HEUR/APC Cloud in the TFDtool.exe... :-(

Is that since yesterday? I silently replaced the TFDtool yesterday, as I had added a specific procedure requested by Steve (Swambast).

Well, I will have to try different compiler options... again. Thanks for reporting 7eleven.

• Like 1

It is all green light here for the latest exe, I did not change anything (zero out of 56 scanners triggered): https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/0ad83ef85554e2168646abd607fc068590694a836e4a0bf3d81e6aedf43c9e87/analysis/

But this is what you see, I suppose: https://www.avira.com/en/support-threats-summary/tid/7815/threat/HEUR.APC%20(Cloud)

And 'cloud' is a special service that scans a program's behaviour while the program is running. So changing compiler options here would not help prevent this.

Sorry, but since they have no portable way of testing this at virustotal or the avira website... it kinda forces me to install their avira product entirely just to troubleshoot? I don't like that approach, let it remain avira's problem.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any hits.  Would rather see this get back on track for the tool set vice false positives for AV.

I'm trying to open the PFunk Black Sea terrain and get this:

Image1_zpsqqkcvcgv.jpg

When I click Ok I get this:

Image2_zpsxy4nrppl.jpg

And then it loads a map full of pink and violet tiles. Any idea of where's the problem? The terrain works perfectly in game, is simply I cannot open it.

The data ini could be Unicode, needs changing to ANSI.

Can be, and is there any "easy" way to change it?