gerwin

Alternate TFD Terrain Tilemap editor/viewer

Hey Gerwin,

Going back a page to the question about allowing pilots to start in a hardened bunker, do you think you could have the tool display the positions for positions of aircraft during startup / taxi positions?

Its in the airfields ini from what I remember.

16 hours ago, 10107 said:

Hey Gerwin,

Going back a page to the question about allowing pilots to start in a hardened bunker, do you think you could have the tool display the positions for positions of aircraft during startup / taxi positions?

I will give it a try, when I have some time to spare.

17 hours ago, 10107 said:

Hey Gerwin,

Interesting, you think with those numbers you can start from a hardened bunker?

1 hour ago, Stratos said:

Not really. AI flight has no way of dealing with that. We talked about this, a few pages back.

3 hours ago, Stratos said:

I don't think so.  They pretty much line the flight up on the runway.

TK used to have the ability for the tower to give taxi instructions, but then of course, he broke it.

Thanks Gerwin.

Edited by 10107

Not possible to give the coordinates for the player, and keep the AI on their current position?

Well currently the game lines the player up on the runway and the flight on the taxiway.  I guess if you had a hardened shelter and started the player in there, then he could taxi out to the active and take off.  But I would expect that AI coming off the field would experience problems if the player launched from a different field.

Kreelins mission editor you could set yourself as #2 and watch the AI launch then you taxied out and took off and joined him.  That was cool stuff.

Oh and Gerwin, I think runway lights live there as well.  I commend anyone who figured those out and had patience.

I wonder If one day we will be able to have a TOD editor... That's my dream.

2 hours ago, Stratos said:

I wonder If one day we will be able to have a TOD editor... That's my dream.

All is possible if you believe in Mue!:clapping:

What I need is a tool that can add, erase and rearrange the TOD files into a tile. I don't need to create new tods, simply being able to work on the existing TODs of a terrain.

• Like 1

I don't need to create new tods

actually, that's EXACTLY what you're doing. New TODs are always generated at the "Save" in the TE.

What I mean is that I dont need new 3d models. "Simply" arrange the existing 3d bushes, trees, houses, etc.

• Like 1

yes, we know!! :lol:

I've always been curious as to WHY the TE's never worked for you Jordi. It should have no problems in 7 or 10 (but as I don't have or have access to 10, I can't really test this). It is, as we all know, one of the worst programs around ... but we make it work

No idea of why, maybe I lack the proper data inis?

As a test, I can send you one of my full TE set ups, and see if you can get it work on your W10 machine. Just install (means: unzip and drop it as there's NO install program) to the C drive (ie: C:/Terrain Editors/*name of editor*). 

THEN you get the fun on figuring out it's workings :stars:

• Thanks 1

I'm on Win7 If that matters. But yes please, will like to try it.

For some reason, I'd always thought you were on 10. NP! Works great in 7 for me. I'll get one of my setup to you over the next day or so

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

For some reason, I'd always thought you were on 10. NP! Works great in 7 for me. I'll get one of my setup to you over the next day or so

Thanks a lot!

Hi guys  I'm just trying to make a terrain based on the Caribbean to Venezuela. I'm using the tutorial from here but I'm not too familiar with how to use the programs like TDF tools or gimp even the terrain editor. i get the .DEM and open it in the terrain editor, then open it on GILP and make the color pallete for elevation and the 3 planning maps base 256, 512 and 2048 now I'm stuck cause i don't know how to make the lat and long grids, populated with borders   create the targets areas all to make it playable for a naval campaign like liberating Venezuela SU-30mk2 Flankers and F-16A vs  F-35, Rhinos Using Puerto Rico and Florida in blue team.

I would appreciate any help at all to learn and/or make the terrain. its my first attempt tp make one.

please help.

W100N40.GIF

you have to start ALL Of that in the Terrain Editor. The TFD is not designed for full-out tileing of terrains

lat/long grids don't exist, they are constructs of the planning map

good luck, you've picked the hardest thing to do in this game

On 3/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, Mav_ericK said:

Hi guys  I'm just trying to make a terrain based on the Caribbean to Venezuela. I'm using the tutorial from here but I'm not too familiar with how to use the programs like TDF tools or gimp even the terrain editor. i get the .DEM and open it in the terrain editor, then open it on GILP and make the color pallete for elevation and the 3 planning maps base 256, 512 and 2048 now I'm stuck cause i don't know how to make the lat and long grids, populated with borders   create the targets areas all to make it playable for a naval campaign like liberating Venezuela SU-30mk2 Flankers and F-16A vs  F-35, Rhinos Using Puerto Rico and Florida in blue team.

I would appreciate any help at all to learn and/or make the terrain. its my first attempt tp make one.

please help.

W100N40.GIF

Some time ago I had the same idea but with a smaller map, covering Colombia Venezuela and the ABC Islands, but I got stuck with the map... problem adding rivers targets tiles... and a very particular issue, sometimes the game went crazy and the planes started to fly sideways... I made some models that we didnt have here, like the Arpia IV (an armed UH-60 of the Colombian Air force) new skins for venezuelan F-16, K-8, UN-1n and my loved ones: Antey 2500 an Buk M2... Maybe I could start again this project but the terrain making is really an art.

s300vm_7.thumb.png.24db3f8a4173d9a9849e999faca0df10.pngs300vm_4.thumb.png.98987777de71608d7ee15349acec3e61.pngs300vm_1.thumb.png.d511e0cfd824836ac992f3eb2f36bca4.pngs300vm_3.thumb.png.956d04038569c6bb7688bd037d913e4a.pngs300vm_6.thumb.png.6da34b6fe520149834c9bd383d9a32a0.pngs300vm_2.thumb.png.860592d74185aaa4dd55a1a17a9f7428.pngjy-11b.thumb.png.83f366c4b60ac317845dcf5f8eb89521.pngbuk_1.thumb.png.741aa02ae62df280e2a6308fb050770f.pngbuk_1.jpg.ff1c5395ca85065e1fc2231316def23f.jpg

img00004.JPG

img00001.JPG

img00017.JPG

img00038.JPG

img00039.JPG

img00040.JPG

img00041.JPG

• Like 2

angelp I think you should release that stuff as its cool work. 

But as far as the big map that Mav_erick is doing is pretty big and probably take a long time though, depending on how it works out for such a large area.

18 minutes ago, angelp said:

Some time ago I had the same idea but with a smaller map, covering Colombia Venezuela and the ABC Islands, but I got stuck with the map... problem adding rivers targets tiles...

Yeah, that's the quick mock-up I made at your request via Stratos. I still have that terrain, but it needs so much work and I have little time for modding recently. Maybe in the future I'll get my hands back on it.