Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

SF2 BRIEFINGS RETROFIT MOD

SF2 BRIEFINGS RETROFIT MOD

SF2 BRIEFINGS RETROFIT MOD 1.0

This small mod does exactly that - it retrofits the SF1/WoV/WoE series style missions briefings to the current Gen 2 SF2 series!

INSTALLATION:

Very easy. Unpack the archive somewhere safe and the copy the CONTENT of a GAME SPECIFIC folder to its's corresponding MOD directory. I.e. content of "To SF2_Europe mod folder" in most cases should end up in "c:\Username\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\" and so on.

Enjoy the wind of nostalgia! ^_^

CREDITS:

TK, CA & whoever made CatPack utility for Gen1 games

This is big mate, I've been trying to accomplish this for a long while :good:

I don't know why TK did away with the Briefing Page in the first place. It gives good info on target, visibility, wind and callsigns.

I've been tinkering with yours, only the wind values seem a bit off from what I set, will experiment more.

And guys, the package is applicable also to all 3rd Party Terrains. The one stock terrain you choose to install, will have SITUATION info for extra.

Edited by PureBlue

I tried it last night in my heavily modded SF2V Expansion mod, and it worked great. This is a great addition to to the whole SF2 series and you have my many thanks for posting this. :drinks:

Yeah, I've noticed the wind values don't always correspond with custom settings. Perhaps it has something with TK restricting modability of clouds etc? Since I lack any coding skill, this is beyond me.

BTW, you're welcome and thanks! :drinks:

EDIT: Oh, and you can create SITUATION description for 3d party terrains easily! Originally, WoI didn't have a proper IsraelME_briefing.ini file (well, it had, but it was a 1:1 copy of WoE one), so I just came up with 2 "original" sentences for SF2:Israel SITUATION description :grin:. It's all int the TerrainName_briefing.ini file!

Edited by SFP1Ace