Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

USN A-1H/J Loadouts... looking for info

I've found all kinds of great information and pictures of USAF skyraiders during Vietnam. Their loadouts varied greatly and they carried in incredible array of different munitions. During CAS/Sandy missions they'd carry gunpods, AN-M47 WP bombs, rocket pods, and CBU-25 dispensers amongst other things (napalm too, I guess). Skyraiders.org is a great place to find stuff (especially the combat journal), but it's all USAF.

Did USN A-1's carry all the same stuff when flying CAS? I haven't seen images of any USN A-1's loaded out the way the USAF ones were. At the most, the USN A-1's seem to carry a few rocket pods and maybe a couple of Snakeyes. Did they ever carry the AN-M47's or CBU-25's? Napalm, maybe?

Also, I haven't seen images or read anything about A-1's from either service ever using CBU-24's. Does anyone know if they ever did?

Thanks!

PS - I well aware of the toilet bomb!!! Not the info I'm looking for! :grin:

Edited by malibu43

:( just the pick i was thinking of when i was reading it...

Have photos with these:

MK83s

500LB Box Fin

1000LB Box fin

rocket pods

MK24 flares

M117

MK77 mod1 550LB Napalm (1 photo of)

MK54 350Lb depth bombs