With the MF Mig29 Pack 2.0 imminent release this weekend

i´m planning a bit in the futur

for Pack 3.0 i need someone to create a MiG29 SMT Cockpit.

If someone has the possibility to help out with that......

the changes on the outer model are minimal as you can see on the pic.

post-5923-0-23914300-1320909032.jpg

the greatest difference is the refueling probe.

unfortunatly the source model of the MF Mig29 is lost.

so i´m checking other possibilities.

is there a way to add the refueling probe to the existing model?

maybe as a kind of a pod? like the flir pods on the f-16?.

You can add it via the fake pilot method. But I don't think it can be animated.

yeah the refueling probe then becomes a " seat" always showing up on the aircraft. The fake pilot is a 1x1x1 pixel that can't been seen. I think some info on how to do it can be found the KB. Quite a lot of mods is using this method to place permanent stuff. Like the wingtip RWR pods on the Late RDAF F-100D.

I'm interested to help do the cockpit, but I can't promise super fast work on this. I guess the cockpit work is lost as well? The model of the A is excellent, but I seriously think there needs to be a new exterior model as well.. Any takers? I can promise that if someone is willing to make a new exterior MiG-29 model, I will uvmap it and even texture it, and also make a cockpit!

IMG_4898_sm.jpg

SMT cockpit

MiG-29A

fulcrum7.jpg

MiG-29SMT: Note the very large dorsal spine and also other smaller changes...

1606752.jpg

Edited by Centurion-1

i think your pic is a newer SMT Variant with Conformal Fuel Tank thats why the spin is so big.

A cockpit would be a realy great help. may be you can start the work on the Cockpit and we use the A or C Mig29 Model as a kind of a interim solution and to test the Cockpit. there is no need to finish the cockpit this year or so. pack 3.0 will be released "when its done" not earlier :-) but sooner or later we need something to counter this F-16C Pack :-D

right now i working on a update on the behavior of the archer missile

shot 300+ Archer the last week in the game...im getting crazy....to find a good relation between playability and realism.

Edited by dast24

the dorsalspine and the refuelprobe as well as all the other small changes can easily be added with the fake-pilot methode , to make a completely new cockpit will be something else to do this is not something you do in 2weeks :grin:

• Like 1

And the Archer isn't as advanced as most believe compared to the 9X and the IRIS-T, so it's poor performance is probably based on real values.

pack 3.0 will be released "when its done" not earlier :-) but sooner or later we need something to counter this F-16C Pack

how about a 2seater Mig-29 :grin: but this one needs still a lot of work antil it will be released

the Mig-29UB is not on the prio list for me right now.

because i´ve no time for the UB right now.

the singelseat mig-29k(that older version in darkblue not the indian navy version) would be great but i´m not a modeler so this may never happen. :-(

Edited by dast24

As for the cockpit, i think you guys could ask paladrian , i think he was the one who made it.

wrote him a message. and ask him about the cockpit. maybe we have some luck.

how about a 2seater Mig-29 :grin: but this one needs still a lot of work antil it will be released

Will be more than welcome, anytime :drinks:

@All:

if my informations are correct the Mig29 SMT is a configurable upgrade package for the older Mig29´s

Following things are possible:

Weapon& Avionic Upgrade

-Standoff and Smart Air to Ground Weapons+

-New Cockpit+

Mid Air Refueling

-Refuel Probe+

More internal Fuel

-bigger Dorsal Spin (CFT)+

-closeable Air Intakes for rough airfiels are removed for more internal fuel*

Engines

-TVC Engines*

-new more fuel efficent Engines*

*=new 3d model would be needed

+=thing that can be done without changing the external model(fake pilot)

This packages can combined together to the Customers liking

And the Archer isn't as advanced as most believe compared to the 9X and the IRIS-T, so it's poor performance is probably based on real values.

Any RL comments I've heard about put it(the old R-73) in in front of AIM-9M(that's partly why IRIS-T was made) so while certainly not better or in line with modern AIM-9X or IRIS-T, poor performance sounds too exaggerated to me...

No seriously, the Archer isn't as capable as the 9X or IRIS-T.

No seriously, the Archer isn't as capable as the 9X or IRIS-T.

Ofcourse it's not, my point was merely that since we don't have HMS, LOAL and stuff like that simulated everything in AIM-9L/M class in game pretty much falls into the same engagement scenario... :drinks:

True enough, but there's still some off-boresight ability so all isn't lost :)

The Archer is a missile of an other generation. You must compare it with the AIM-9L, and then the Archer is very much better.

The german Luftwaffe said in 1991 after testing the R-73, that this was one whole generation ahead to the Sidewinder L. Thatswhy the IRIS-T was developed. Would be strange if the IRIS-T wont be better than the Archer. :grin:

DAST

The big humpback tank of the SMT is no conformal fuel tank like the FAST packs on the F-15. You cant remove it. It is an enlarged tank.

The refuel probe can be attached on the SMT, but if i remember right the russian in service SMT have no refuel probe. So it is a possible addon, not a must. The SMT is no newly built plane, it is an upgrate of existing planes

The refuel probe became standard with the MiG-29M1 and M2. M1 is the single seater, the M2 the twoseater. The M's have no airinlets in the strakes, so this place is used for additional fueltanks, so that the big humpback of the SMT is gone.

And by the way, the SMT is the most ugly MiG-29.

Edited by Gepard

The Archer is a missile of an other generation. You must compare it with the AIM-9L, and then the Archer is very much better.

The german Luftwaffe said in 1991 after testing the R-73, that this was one whole generation ahead to the Sidewinder L. Thatswhy the IRIS-T was developed. Would be strange if the IRIS-T wont be better than the Archer. :grin:

Naturlich :smile:

Which is what I'm basing my argument on, as I'm thinking 9X/IRIS-T than 9L... :smile:

okay to create a clean request for mig29 pack 3.0

i need some one to create a MiG-29SMT cockpit.

and if possible someone who can create a model of the MiG-29k

(http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/mig-29k-fighter-aircraft-3ds/326462)

volunteers for finishing the MiG-29UB are welcome, but i think you have to make a deal with ravenclaw :-)

i dont think we need a new flight model for the migs´s. the MF flight model is still fine and will be good for the smt and k variant.

Edited by dast24

If i remember right there was a MiG-29 pack for first gen. Have forgotten who made it. There the SMT was included. It was the old MiG-29 (not MirageFactory) with a humpback added by fake pilot methode.

EDIT:

Found this old bird. Its made by Lindr

post-3395-0-58654600-1321633004.jpg

Edited by Gepard

@gepard: i will have a look at this thx.

regarding the cockpit i´ve got a message from Paladrin:

"Sorry, I'm no longer willing to give away 3D models

If find anything useful in the mod in the form of 2D textures, ini work or anything else you can use them

Good luck with your project"

not so good news reagarding the 3d Model of the Mig29