Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Wheeler Dealers

Anyone else here a fan of this series? I've really gotten into it, myself. The formula is quite simple, every week they purchase a different special interest vehicle as cheaply as possible, then they perform whatever work is necessary in order to resell (or "flip") the vehicle at a profit.

On a recent episode, they "flipped" a 1970 Dodge Charger. Having owned a 1969 Charger R/T 440, myself I found that episode compelling.

The episode is broken into four parts on youtube, this is part one: :good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tbxjCrIvV8

Yes, this is my "other" car show in addition to Top Gear and Chasing Classic Cars.

Cool. Looks like they've done some other cars I'm interested in too.

Fub that looks interesting. Never watch TV so didn't know about it lol.

I always wanted to do one of these ~> http://www.fordification.com/ *1968* specifically and NOTHING else cos that's the greatest vehicle ever made.

But, I either do it right or not at all. That's alot of money and TIME I don't have, tearing down and bagging and labeling everything and I don't have a garage. I'd have to setup a tent :stars: and some do that but no thanks. :heat: The money is tight but over time would be manageble (hahs supposedly). But, maybe one day...but not today.

But I've also been told, just get one, even if I don't make it perfect, or even decent, just have FUN with it. Many say they get compliments no matter what. I do the same. When I see a rusty 67-72 truck in the lot, and see the driver, I tell them they got the best looking truck in the lot, cos they do, hands down. :salute:

I always wanted to do one of these ~> http://www.fordification.com/ *1968* specifically and NOTHING else cos that's the greatest vehicle ever made.

I recall a story in Road & Track magazine, circa 1976, were the author was reminiscing about a (former) fellow autoworker at a Ford plant, ordering and assembling a one off F-100 under the noses of the plant supervision, during the late 1960s.

He ordered a basic-bare bones truck, and that's how it started when the chassis first hit the assembly line. By the time it reached the end, however, it sported air conditioning, power steering, disc brakes, a deluxe interior, and the Pièce de résistance, a 335 HP 390 cube V8 and HD C6 tranny from a Fairlane GT (both of which were otherwise unavailable on the F-100 pickup, at that time).

According to the story, it made it off the assembly line unnoticed, and all the way to the dealer's lot, where the sales manager noted a few "minor" discrepancies between the truck that had been ordered, and the one that had been delivered to his dealership...oooops! :grin: