Sign in to follow this  
Stingray72

LOMAC/ Flaming Cliffs compatibility

Hi all!!

I have had LOMAC for quite some time and gave it a chance but didn't like it. My friend swears by it, so I want to give it a chance. I have a few questions though, if someone would please help me.

1) I have LOMAC, he has Flaming Cliffs. Can I patch up to that or do I have to buy FC for us to fly together?

2) My computer is alright, but not a hot rod at all. I run all sorts of IL2 just fine. Can I run FC2, or is it too close to the DCS series, which did bog my computer down.

3) For him and I to fly a LOMAC based co-op together, what is the best version? We are not interested in getting a bazillion folks with us, we are only interested in playablility.

Thank you whoever responds to this thread so that we may get going on flying some jets instead of just WWII planes :)

~MOG_Gunfighter

LOMAC's last patch was 1.02 I think. FC starts at 1.1 and goes up to the final 1.12 patch. You can't patch LOMAC to that level, you must buy FC to fly with someone else with FC.

FC2 uses the DCS:BS engine so if you have problems with that, you'll have problems with FC2.

I flew FC 1.12 for years doing many co-ops, it's a great sim and there are tons of missions out there you can find to fly. The only problem is the AMRAAM is pretty much screwed in that version, so flying the F-15C became pointless. Fly any other plane, or fly AGAINST an AI F-15, and it's fine. FC2 fixed that, but as mentioned it has MP compatibility with DCS:BS, not LOMAC/FC.

FC is an add-on correct? He has the disk for it and can loan it to me, can you runit without the disk? Or do I really have to buy it? Also, what do I need to patch my game to before I try to install FC?

FC has Starforce which means yes, you need to have the disk to run it. You don't need to worry about patching LOMAC first because FC's installer does that for you. You both should have FC patched to 1.12, though.

Rgr, thank you very much for clearing it all up. I know it's an older game by now, but me and my pal are gonna ruin it.

~Rob