Sign in to follow this  
Major Lee

Video Editing

Just asking if anyone does any video editing, and what is your prefered video editing software... Looking for actual user reviews and commentary.... :salute:

The only thing I have ever used has been Window's Movie Maker. Been happy with it for a long time....and... Free.

I like Windows MM, but would like more features. Downloaded Sony Vegas demo version... Very cool, going to put this on the Christmas list... :good:

Thanks!

ML

Sony Vegas 10 user here, upgrading to 11 as it handles 1080p better. It's a bit basic but the only thing it lacks is 'special effects' I suppose the word is.

I have always used MM too...but, I really like the sound of Sony Vegas...is it easy to use?

Vegas 10, Out of the box - No it's a nightmare as nothing is explained HOWEVER youtube has loads of tutorials which are great and helped me loads!

Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects :p

Need at least 2 screens and a Live Preview screen to be productive in it.

Vegas 10, Out of the box - No it's a nightmare as nothing is explained HOWEVER youtube has loads of tutorials which are great and helped me loads!

Thanks m8...I'll watch a few, and see if it's my cup of Tea :drinks:

After being constantly annoyed with MM and it's restrictive output format and quality, i went corel video studio which you can do impressive things with. Output is good, easy to use, however i haven't gone very far in its use so maby there are some limits i don't know yet.

Yes Sony vegas is a reference although i have no experience with it.

Adobe After effects is the best for video introduction, montage and special effects although it will need very much time to learn to use it properly. Its also quite long to work with but when you start a project in after effects it almost look like you can do whatever you want, there is absolutely no limit.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11HD was under teh tree, so I'll see how it goes this year... I have a few ides that I want to make... Thanks for the comments!

ML