Sign in to follow this  
*Fast Eagle*

Found 1 that really pisses me off

Whenever I type the r button in flight...WHAMO CTD.

2 Questions:

1: WHY?

2: Does this happen to anyone else?

OK maybe 3, does anyone know how to fix this?

Easy fix in 4 steps!!

1. Get a gun

2. Aim it at computer

3. Pull trigger with complete satisfaction

4. Grab a Newcastle (any beer will do) and relax knowing it will never ever happen again.

Mind you this is a personal fix and can get very expensive so you might want to try something less expensive and go to Pogo.com and play those games as for I have found it to be more relaxing.......I actually fall asleep at times. Man I crack myself up. I need a hobby or something.

TM

Guest Ranger332

Fast it happens to all sofar seems to happen when your on anothers server,happens to me sometimes in HL mostly when its somebody that just got the game. :roll:

Guest Ranger332

well if ya got a copy "bootlag" it to him lol :shock:

Thanks guys for the info.

And yeah it is weird, it doesn't always happen so I started poking around in my button configuration and found that R was the key assigned for primary target. Now my assumption is that in multiplayer there is no 1 primary target, so I have reassigned this button to a key I don't type with and now that issue is fixed for me.

I am actually using game voice(from M$) for voice commands

works pretty good, but alot of the noise from the guns and afterburners sometimes makes me do funny things, for example, when I have been hit by cannon rounds the damn GV thinks I have said "eject eject eject" and will punch me out in the middle of combat, often before I need to do so.

Guest Ranger332

:shock:

Oh that would get my goat for sure lol

it does lemme tell you

I just gotta remember when I'm flyin, I gotta watch what I say.

Sometimes I say a word that is a voice command and it screws me up, but not too much, maybe an airbrake when I dont need it, or my view will change on me cause I don't realize I'm yelling at the damn computer so loud!

My wife finds it humorus to sneak in and yell eject eject eject, watch me punch out in the middle of battle and then she runs like hell to the other room. LAUGHING all the way.

I tried to educate her in the art of flying flight sims, but she just says it makes her dizzy, she don't like to come watch me at work either

Guest Ranger332

My wife finds it humorus to sneak in and yell eject eject eject, watch me punch out in the middle of battle and then she runs like hell to the other room. LAUGHING all the way.

lol can you spell DIVORCE

Guest Ranger332

:shock: :roll: :idea: :twisted:

I have the the CTD problem only when I have requested a vector to the threat and then hit R to make it a visual target. If Red Crown initiates the threat call and I hit R there is no crash and the target box appears on the threat. The crash only happens when I have hit the 7 and 2 keys to request the threat call and then hit R.

Cheers,

Carl

Carl?! Great to see you here, it's an honor! :D

Carl?! Great to see you here, it's an honor!  :D

Thanks Jeff.

You have a great site here. The only good thing about being unemployed at the moment is that I have time to fly sims and hang out on the Internet.

Cheers,

Carl