Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

MW3 slated by users

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/user-reviews?dist=negativeever

That's possibly the worst user review for any game I've seen on Metacritic!

I never intended to get it..as I guessed it would be utter pap!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Sounds like this sould have been a $15 DLC Campaign for MW2 than a $60 POS.

Maybe the fanboi base will finally die off. I am sick and tired of people requesting CD:MW and BF3 addons for ArmA 2.

Also the User Rating for PS3 and 360 is 2.7 and 3.1 respectively.

Edited by suhsjake

I started MW3 Campaign today at a local Internet café at 09.30. I stopped playing at 14.50. I had completed the Single Player Campaign.

The story is decent at best (I am still very fond of Soap and Price tought!), there is nothing new to gameplay and the game gave me headache and eyestrain (a biproduct of the Console port - I forgot what its called, but it narrows down the view. Not a problem if you are far away from the screen, and a PC gamer never is.)

Boy am I glad I did not buy it!!!

I will keep playing Battlefield 3 tought. I love that game!

Edited by JonathanRL

I have MW3 on the console, but have to agree that it is really just MW2 with the 2 scribbled out and the 3 written next to it in crayon. The survival mode is fun, but that's it, really. I can't say I liked BF3 or MW3. I'll be returning it.

suhsjake, you mod ArmA 2?

Edited by Viggen

Yes,I've held back on BF3...just to see what MW3 would be like...the decision is now made :good:

I have MW3 on the console, but have to agree that it is really just MW2 with the 2 scribbled out and the 3 written next to it in crayon. The survival mode is fun, but that's it, really. I can't say I liked BF3 or MW3. I'll be returning it.

suhsjake, you mod ArmA 2?

I can do some stuff, many config stuff, textures, and animations.

I started MW3 Campaign today at a local Internet café at 09.30. I stopped playing at 14.50. I had completed the Single Player Campaign.

The story is decent at best (I am still very fond of Soap and Price tought!), there is nothing new to gameplay and the game gave me headache and eyestrain (a biproduct of the Console port - I forgot what its called, but it narrows down the view. Not a problem if you are far away from the screen, and a PC gamer never is.)

Boy am I glad I did not buy it!!!

I will keep playing Battlefield 3 tought. I love that game!

Yeah I like movie style campaigns, I just don't do MP with FPS' genre anymore(I Quaked my ass off in the ol'days), so if MW3 campaign is good that's all I need.

BF3 has a really decent campaign but it's a bit buggy, AI can stop and you have to reload the level like 10 times to advance level etc. Also I came to the very end of BF3 campaign and I just couldn't manage to click the mouse in the right nanosecond to fight with the main badguy, that was ridiculous I consider it finished but I didn't actually see the end, will find it on YouTube. They should re-consider the way they tried to simulate hand to hand combat as that was IMO a complete disaster for BF3 singleplayer....

what's MW?:rofl:

naa, pass... BF3, perhaps yes, for the Frostbite engine and some MP, right now Skyrim sucked me in for good... haven't had 8-10 hrs of non-stop gaming I think for years, Skyrim provides that (and, no, I use toilet -if you'd like to ask :tongue: )

Edited by Stary

I have MW3 and BF3 and played both series from the beginning. This MW3 though could of been a DLC. Its fun but not $60 worth. BF3 is much better.

I have both games. MW3 is FAIL game big time. BF3 is still buggy but awesome as is. I will play BF3 only.

Cheers.

Guest Pfunk

MW3 is the most ecologically-friendly game ever developed. Made of 98% recycled content.

• Like 2

Pfunk for da win!!!!

MW3 is the most ecologically-friendly game ever developed. Made of 98% recycled content.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Green Edition.

@UK_widowmaker

Yes but looks at how much it sells. Compared to a thirdwire game for example. We ll have to face the truth, even a crap game will sell if it has the name for it. They will come out with BF15657 and CoD MW564 with the same engine as now, it will still sell more than an excellent independant game. That's the truth.

Plus, call me old timer, but i can't stand on modern videogame industry only based on short term casual gaming with ridiculous storyline or no story at all, save the world bulls**te etc etc with excellent graphics to hide the emptiness of the game, coming out year after year and being commercial success anyways.

Where are gone the excellent games we used to see in the 90's?

Ok we still have some true excellent games like Arma, but i still remember when codemasters tried to push the excellent operation flashpoint franchise (ArmA ancester) into crappy casual COD-like fps. Thank god bohemia studio refused and left to make their own arma game.

The STALKER franchise which is imo a good game with consistency in the scenario. It has zombies and fantastic stuff, but ironically when you actually play it you feel way more realism than a save-the-world-by-yourself modern high end graphics low end scenario FPS.

Just my opinion.

Well I'm relieved MW3 sucks. It makes it easier to decide which tolken, pre-xmas, FPS to get.

I'm not surprised. I thought BFBC2 was way better than CODBO or MW2. Recycled crap for sure.

Edited by malibu43

Well i would like to nuancate my precedent rant-like post about the battlefield franchise. I played to BF vietnam and BF 2 online and they were very fun, although having some issues, still good games. However EA behaviour is a deception, BF franchise were still good online games in my experience

Edited by Nix

From all the previews, you could tell it was just MW2 - 2011 edition. But did I read that right, no dedicated servers and no dedicated ranked servers??? Seriously??? I remember when 4 came out and it was the sh*t and Halo was where the douche bags hung out. Seems MW's become the new Halo.

Interesting thing about the user reviews in Metacritic though, check out how many of them have less than 5 reviews to their names. One user in that PC World article suggested the same thing, implying some astroturfing taking place. He may be onto something... Then again, they could just be honest nerd boys having a vent, but it's such a common tactic to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by ZmelliFahrdz

You, Sir, Wins two Internet.

Interesting thing about the user reviews in Metacritic though, check out how many of them have less than 5 reviews to their names. One user in that PC World article suggested the same thing, implying some astroturfing taking place. He may be onto something... Then again, they could just be honest nerd boys having a vent, but it's such a common tactic to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I would actually dismiss that. I work part time for a political party, and there is a very interesting trend for people to complain on sites like this when they are not pleased. If they are pleased, they just tell their friends they are pleased and rarely write reviews. When they see the metacritic score is low, they add their part to make it lower to show their dissatisfaction.

Edited by JonathanRL

Me I am will not be buying both... as I am still having too much fun with Metro 2033 and the Stalker series... the later with a few mods added on make it an outstanding game. Play MW 2 and only completed it due to being bored just getting sick of games that last for a few hours with no real thought and gameplay being too linear. But hey such is life its all about the quick rush or so it seems nowadays or should that be making the quick buck.

agree with Malibu, plus I loved BFBC2 sp campaign, will get BF3 later this month perhaps

and for those unfamiliar with Stalker series -get them, perfect mix of fps, horror and sort of survival simulator :good:

Payday: The Heist was a great shooter released at the start of October. More fun and 1/3 the price and far more original than MW3. I mean, I like MW3, but only like. It's far too over hyped and way too expensive for what it is. If you Seppos are complaining about paying $60 for it, over here, we pay roughly equivalent of US$108 for it. And your dollar is cheaper than ours right now!! We should be paying less!!

Well, Activision got what they wanted I suppose, MW is the new Halo.

393436_289344214430432_284992231532297_940847_1636025988_n.jpg

• Like 1