Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

Request for Bletchley

Hi there!

Tried to PM you but seems not possible, so...

..provided you're fully credited, I was wondering if you would be willing to let me use a slightly-mofidied version of the Allied & German flak round .xdps & .bdps from your '1917 Active Sector' mod (the only change, reduced BlastRadius) in a 'flakmod'?

It's designed to make Archie bursts a better indication of the course, alt & heading of enemies, by enabling use of the 'Hard' setting for ground fire and the resultant tighter 'grouping' of AA bursts; but without resulting in you get creamed when they're shooting at you (or you're flying through the bursts in pursuit).

The only other stuff in the mod (which I've been using for a while myself, but I think would be of interest to others) are files for the OFF flak guns, with a reduced rate of fire, as it's still a bit too lethal otherwise. I have not modded ground MGs but might add that later if they need toned down too, on 'Hard'.

On 'Easy', the flak is all over the sky, and even on the middle setting it's very wide. Neither realistic to my eye, nor an adequate compensation for the limits of OFF in rendering more distant planes (improvements to aircraft LODs are one of the things I hope P4 tackles). Tighter clusters also reduce reliance on labels or the 'radar' - I can call it that, now that UncleAl's no longer watching :)

Anyway, I think this would be a mod that some players could find welcome.

If you'd prefer your files were't included', no prob of course, I can upload just my little bit, recommend your files from the 1917 mod and describe the necessary edits in a readme. TIA!

No problem, 33LIMA, I am happy for anyone to re-use or modify my mods, or parts thereof :)

Bletchley

Not sure why people are having problems PMing me - some glitch in my Combat Ace account I guess. Once I have PMed someone it seems OK (for them).

Edited by Bletchley

No problem, 33LIMA, I am happy for anyone to re-use or modify my mods, or parts thereof :)

Bletchley

Not sure why people are having problems PMing me - some glitch in my Combat Ace account I guess. Once I have PMed someone it seems OK (for them).

Thanks for the all-clear - much appreciated! :drinks:

Thanks for the all-clear - much appreciated! :drinks:

PS Flakmod now uploaded and pending Moderator clearance.