Sign in to follow this  
elephant

Have you seen this? MS Flight

Yeah, seen it...looks ok...but unlike FSX...it appears to be made for less 'experienced' simmers...though, I hope not

(although, those screenies do look good)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Visually, what every simmer wants to see. But there's more to a combat sim than graphics. Weapons ballistics and physics add tons of processing, I would guess, and damge and how it affects everything else even more.

While I agree with your idea and would love to see that level of detail in OFF (or any WWI flight simulator), I wonder if there's anyone who has a computer that could process all that information and still deliver playable framerates.

Wow! If they can make that run smoothly on anything less than a supercomputer, I'll be even more impressed.

Well, when I first saw the screenshots from FSX, I had the dream of the perfect simulator until I bought it and had to crash land. At the moment FSX is propably the best sim out there but only after years of modding, tweaking and hardware evolution. I wait MS Flight to take a similar path. I'd rather see X-Plane 10 or Cliffs of Dover as a possible Phase V platform.

Not Cliffs of Dover surely?.....that has more bugs than a Turkish Hotel Room!!!

Well, when I first saw the screenshots from FSX, I had the dream of the perfect simulator until I bought it and had to crash land. At the moment FSX is propably the best sim out there but only after years of modding, tweaking and hardware evolution. I wait MS Flight to take a similar path. I'd rather see X-Plane 10 or Cliffs of Dover as a possible Phase V platform.

I don't have FSX, I was kind of impressed by the looks of those screenshots...too surreal!

but CloD would be a good platform too, better actually, with ballistics and damage already included.

It looks good too...even in medium settings at my laptop:

shot_20111106_035102.jpg

shot_20111108_012828.jpg

shot_20111108_013503.jpg

The first time I saw the MS Flight demo I thought to myself, "I want to fly a Camel there!"

Not Cliffs of Dover surely?.....that has more bugs than a Turkish Hotel Room!!!

Cliif od dover sure is bugged. And there are no more bugs in tukish hotel rooms than bugs in hotels in niagara, or hamburg, or rome or london, or moscow. there are just dirty hotel and clean hotels.

Canadair, I'm sure Widowmaker was just rrying to turn a phrase and didn't mean to disparage Turkey's cleanliness or damage its tourist industry.

Widow, next time you feel compelled to use bugs in a comparative, feel free to cite my backyard as your point of reference. It's :cool: .

Canadair, I'm sure Widowmaker was just rrying to turn a phrase and didn't mean to disparage Turkey's cleanliness or damage its tourist industry.

Widow, next time you feel compelled to use bugs in a comparative, feel free to cite my backyard as your point of reference. It's :cool: .

Thank you Sir...that is exactly it (turn of phrase)

I clearly meant it not to offend..and apologise if it did Canadair :good:

So, what's the status CloD by now, is it playable?

Now, it's probably in alpha version.

Seriously, I haven't heard of any new patch for months. Don't have a clue.

About CloD:

I bought CloD from Get Games for 12,49 Euros last week.

The last official patch was released in Oct. 17th.

It's marginally playable in my laptop, in medium settings, (it runs RoF in high settings rather smoothely),... :dntknw:

still buggy, but has potential to get better in time, nonetheless... :blink:

:salute:

Edited by elephant

About CloD:

I bought CloD from Get Games for 12,49 Euros last week.

The last official patch was released in Oct. 17th.

It's marginally playable in my laptop, in medium settings, (it runs RoF in high settings rather smoothely),... :dntknw:

still buggy, but has potential to get better in time, nonetheless... :blink:

:salute:

Have the Modders jumped in much yet Elephant?..they certainly went to town on IL2..

If it costs 12.49€ by now then I don't think that much of development will carry on from now on.

Well in my local store, CloD's price, (boxed), is still 39.99 €

I got a d/l version from GetGames.

And yes Widow, there is some CloD modding around...

not in the scale of old IL-2, I must admit, but things are a bit more complicated now!

As a matter of fact I have started to extract hard-codded stuff to develop a skins and markings Mod,

for the Jagdwaffe, as well as a pilot mod, myself.

Some things are not as accurate as I was expecting them to be... :blink:

Well in my local store, CloD's price, (boxed), is still 39.99 €

I got a d/l version from GetGames.

And yes Widow, there is some CloD modding around...

not in the scale of old IL-2, I must admit, but things are a bit more complicated now!

As a matter of fact I have started to extract hard-codded stuff to develop a skins and markings Mod,

for the Jagdwaffe, as well as a pilot mod, myself.

Some things are not as accurate as I was expecting them to be... :blink:

Ok m8..thanks (and good luck)... Have total respect for Modders :salute: