Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

Is there a way to see Cities placed on the map?

Question in topic:

For the ground war, I want to place an attack route for the Soviet Advance, so I can also place a defence accordingly.

However, progress is slow, since I have to google the location of each city and see where it is on the map, meaning the ground war feels a tad limited.

Is there a way I can put the cities location on the map some way? Would help out alot if I could just do that...

Extract teh HUDData.ini and do this:

[Debug]

DisplayDebug=TRUE

When you get in-game you will see a lot of the debugging data that TW uses (as well as me, Wrench, and others), pause the game, use CTRL+F12 and "fly" to the location. It'll display the coordinates of where the crosshair is pointing at and you can do your routes that way. Of course you have to be careful where you're pointing as you'll get a wrong coordinate. It goes away after pressing ALT+D for regular gaming (I usually leave it on for the Afghan map but just haven't turned it off).

you can also download the old WoVSqmd (its a 1stGen Mission builder). It read the targets ini, and shows all objects.

it also gives x/y coordinates, so you can plot movement routes (this is how I do it for truck, ship an GA routes)

you can install the folder directly into any sf2 mods folder, but you should rename the .exe to match (ie: SF2SQMD.exe). It is NOT good for placing targets, as it can't/dosent see the TODs, which is vitally important in placing the target object buildings and such

use only planningmap1, as the others will be too large to fit the screen, but you can zoom in quite close (<1km)

see below for examples of zoom levels. the 'square' box is my generic army base, with all items showing

Thanks, Wrench. Exactly what I am looking for :)

Hopefully, this will make the target placement and the ground war overall a little more.. connected :D

Edited by JonathanRL