Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

Flak Mod for Over Flanders Fields Phase 3

Flak Mod for Over Flanders Fields Phase 3

This mod improves your ability, without visual aids, to locate (and react appropriately to) aircraft being engaged by AA fire. It does this by permitting use of the 'Hard' Workshop setting for ground guns (which setting reduces the 'spread' of AA bursts by increasing accuracy), but reducing both rate of fire (which 'Hard' setting also increases) and lethality. With FlakMod, it's easier to make out if enemy planes under AA fire but which you can't yet see are higher or lower, coming or going, so you can make tactical decisions while you still have options.

Thanks are due to Bletchley, for permission to modify and use some files from his excellent 1917 Mod. If using the latter, FlakMod probably needs to be enabled/installed on top/afterwards.

Does this mod decrease the lethality of AA on top of the decrease Bletchley already added to his flak mod, or are they roughly the same? And, how much lower is the rate of fire? Thanks.

Another nice idea.

I made this mod up for myself about a month ago using/combining several of Bletchley's mods and ideas - specifically the time based difficulty and the reduced lethality rounds.

Does this mod decrease the lethality of AA on top of the decrease Bletchley already added to his flak mod, or are they roughly the same? And, how much lower is the rate of fire? Thanks.

Yes HPW, it reduces the blastradius (can't recall how much exactly) and cuts the rate of fire by half. This I found was needed to enable the 'Hard' ground gun setting to be used and get tighter groups of bursts. 'Hard' increases both accuracy and rate of fire according to workshop, so this is probably still roughly equivalent to the medium setting. With blastradius reduced, but the original 'Hard' (increased) rate of fire, I found flak casualties were still much too frequent, even if I took a fair amount of evasive action, so I cut both.