Sign in to follow this  
mytai01

F-4B drooping aileron problem

I modified the data.ini for the F-4B to make the ailerons droop, but now they don't move as ailerons they just droop with the flaps. Does anyone know how to make them work properly or is it a model problem that can't be fixed with an .ini entry?

Try looking at how elevons work on delta winged Mirages/Kfirs: two different controls affecting the same flight surface. Each animation may have its own axis in the 3d model, which would mean that the F-4 ailerons may not have this in the 3d model. But that may be a technique used in SF1. Maybe TK made such a thing possible merely by ini edits?

Try looking at how elevons work on delta winged Mirages/Kfirs: two different controls affecting the same flight surface. Each animation may have its own axis in the 3d model, which would mean that the F-4 ailerons may not have this in the 3d model. But that may be a technique used in SF1. Maybe TK made such a thing possible merely by ini edits?

The F-4J ailerons already work the way I'm trying to get the other Phantom ailerons to work. I think I did a straight copy of the F-4J_DATA.INI and renamed it F-4B_DATA.INI, but that didn't work either. It's hard to be a stickler for realism when the world won't cooperate.

Just copy over the aileron portions of the data.ini as the complete data.ini wont be correct for the B as there are some differences in many items.