Sign in to follow this  
itifonhom

OT: ScreenShotWorld

Hi there everybody!

I enjoy for some months now being part of SSW (title) and lately they have done a huge re-arrangement and regrouping. The new site looks just superb! For those who don't know about SSW, it's a community of people that are simmers, gamers, digital artists, screenshooters or just plain viewers who enjoy digital arts. The main focus is Aviation Art but the range of themes doesn't stop there. Anyone can join for free and start contributing, from unedited screenshots to complex composite fully edited creations. There's even a section for 3D artwork, Photography and Video. Regular competitions are taking place, tutorials and a file library.

The level of their artwork is simply stunning, just take a look at their Frontpage here: http://screenshotworld.com/frontpage/

Nice site itifonham. I bookmarked and used one of the shots for my desktop. :salute:

Fantastic!...I'm signing up!...thanks

Signed in with password, but cannot watch posted pics - it says I wasn't allowed???

I guess we have to wait until we are granted permission Olham as I got this message after registering.

Thank you Shiloh. Your registration has been successful. The administrator wishes to preview all new registered accounts before posting permissions are granted. The administrator has been notified of your registration.

Edited by Shiloh

Ah, okay - thanks, Shiloh!

That should be a good platform for some "advertising" of OFF.

If we show up in numbers they'll have to start an "OFF" thread. :grin:

If we show up in numbers they'll have to start an "OFF" thread. :grin:

Yeah...let's get as many as poss to join?

As far as I know the accounts have been already approved so there should be no problems viewing posts or even posting. The good thing with this forum is, you don't have to be a Photoshop expert to post there, any screenshot you feel looks special will work. But the best part is, if you like to become better, edit, compose, learn new tricks etc, it's just the right place to start! It's pretty much a place of friends sharing common interests, just like the forum here.

As far as I know the accounts have been already approved so there should be no problems viewing posts or even posting. The good thing with this forum is, you don't have to be a Photoshop expert to post there, any screenshot you feel looks special will work. But the best part is, if you like to become better, edit, compose, learn new tricks etc, it's just the right place to start! It's pretty much a place of friends sharing common interests, just like the forum here.

I just checked back and now I can view photos fine. There must be a few minute period where they have to get our account up-and-running before we can view. Fantastic! :good: Currently there are not that many members so let's go take that forum over men! :salute:

Edited by Shiloh

Now I could also see the pics. I'll go and post some OFF tableaus now.

I just joined too. There were only two WWI pics. on the opening page, but here's what you have to beat...

Edited by Hauksbee

No beatings! Peace! :-) Well, some of the guys over there are really talented indeed but as I said, you don't have to create such an artwork to be part of it, it's all cool and friendly. Just be yourself and show what you like. But from time to time my jaw drops to the ground from what I see, such talent and creativity!

BTW, you guys seem to have a magical touch because now there's an OFF section too!

One more from deeper in. This appears to be a fairly new site.

No, it's not new, it's four or so years old site but they did a reorganization just recently. So it's old and new at the same time! The owners wanted to expand the interests a bit further than only screenshooting, therefor the new sections of 3D and Photography fir example. I'm a member since last March myself, so not for that long to say the whole story.

Great works, Hauksbee! The second is especially epic.

I didn't try to beat yours, but posted some tableaus of mine, to advertise "Over Flanders Fields".

I copied the link of my post - not sure if it'll work from here?

http://www.screensho...dpost__p__16243

Edited by Olham

I am hoping to learn how to improve my screenies in photoshop..seems a good place to start asking

My God!!!...some of the pics on there make us look like a monkey using a crayon!!!!

Hi there everybody!

I enjoy for some months now being part of SSW (title) and lately they have done a huge re-arrangement and regrouping. The new site looks just superb! For those who don't know about SSW, it's a community of people that are simmers, gamers, digital artists, screenshooters or just plain viewers who enjoy digital arts. The main focus is Aviation Art but the range of themes doesn't stop there. Anyone can join for free and start contributing, from unedited screenshots to complex composite fully edited creations. There's even a section for 3D artwork, Photography and Video. Regular competitions are taking place, tutorials and a file library.

The level of their artwork is simply stunning, just take a look at their Frontpage here: http://screenshotworld.com/frontpage/

Wow t a good fine Thanks for giving the heads up.

That's for sure THE place to start asking WM, I started posting just edits in March, went on to composites, to 3D and now I'm making my first own 3D model! Wasn't easy and had a learning curve but made me real proud to come so far!

@Olham: these aren't Hauksbee's artwork (although his artwork is just as beautiful), they are from SSW members.

My God!!!...some of the pics on there make us look like a monkey using a crayon!!!!

Hihihi! Well, we never really tried to make art works; we made screenshots rather.

Although - your ones you posted there are looking great - you only needed a bit more dramatic touch/weather; you know what I mean?

Perhaps we should give it a try and make some more artistic ones? Why not?

For those who want to learn and improve, there's a "Tutorial" section for some ready to learn knowledge. But of course the best way is just posting your work and let people guide you, tell you what could be better, how to improve things, better techniques etc. The critique at SSW is at rather professional levels, never personal but always taking account of the creator's level, background, capabilities and style. Doesn't have to be photorealistic all the time, artistic is just fine too!

@Olham: these aren't Hauksbee's artwork (although his artwork is just as beautiful), they are from SSW members.

Right! Didn't mean to imply they were my postings. I found them on SSW. I expected to see more WWI, but not so. Even ROF only had one posting. If we just transferred our Screenies pages over there, we'd own the place.

From what I see at your blog Hauksbee, they´re going to love your artwork!

And guys, feel free to have your say on the artwork over there, the "newcomer" status has no disadvantages! It´s all very friendly and everybody likes to hear what others think about his work, good or bad, it´s a big part of the way we learn. Nobody ever started as an expert but became one through learning and of course exercise. I really liked seeing some OFF artwork over there, pretty nice screenshots and composites, the members here are really talented I think!

And don´t forget the video section, I know some of you have great OFF videos to post!

Edited by itifonhom

I'll be hitting it hard later...I have many screenies from FSX..and video's I have never posted here...so watch out!!! :grin: