Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Now This Is Special!

Looks like some kind soul out there took the time to learn and play a piano version of some very special menu music from the old days... See if you happen to recognize it :grin:

I turned the music off so I don't remember what it sounded like. But I'm once more amazed at the versatility of a piano. One talented musician can go from a single instrument to a full orchestra in the space of a song. :clapping:

Wonderful trip down memory lane (sigh)...thanks for posting...(he was a bit out of tune a couple of times..but we can forgive that) :good:

Despite all the years of flying RB3D, I still always hear that bit of music as the march from "The Great Escape".

I missed "Red Baron 3D" (maybe my biggest miss!) - do you have the music of "Wings of Glory"?

I'd recognise that still.

For comparison Olham:

I loved the menu music for RB3D. Yes, as embarrassing as this is to admit, I actually still listen to it now. I have a playlist of all of my old menu music - works wonders when you're trying to grade a hundred papers! I also have a playlist of music from Wings of Glory that I found online years ago. Both are great.

Ah, nostalgia! I still have a modded version of RB3D installed. I haven't played it for a while, though. I blame OFF for that. :grin:

I understand that, Captain - but it only means something to you, when you played it.

Like I will never forget the OFF Theme in my lifetime.

I also still knew the music from "Wings of Glory" - here it is:

I understand that, Captain - but it only means something to you, when you played it.

Like I will never forget the OFF Theme in my lifetime.

I also still knew the music from "Wings of Glory" - here it is:

Olham,

If you're interested, I have the entire WoG soundtrack (all 433kb of it) in .midi file form. If you'd like a copy let me know and I'll send it over to you in zip file format. I play it on Windows Media Player all the time when I'm busy working on grading.

And for further comparison:

:smile:

My parents were stuck with their 16 year old son playing Red Baron non-stop in the loft of our old house - leaving them to endure hours of engines droning and menu music playing over the rafters. They always said it sounded just like the Great Escape theme... and I agree with them! :good:

If you'd like a copy let me know and I'll send it over to you in zip file format. I play it on Windows Media Player all the time when I'm busy working on grading.

Is it really so small? Well, then I'd like to have it! Zipped it should be possible via PM?