Sign in to follow this  
Stary

After installing BF3 Skyrim no longer starts

as in title... yesterday I installed BF3 which is cool but I'm already bored of multiplayer where I have some 1:20 kill death ratio :blink:

so I decided to launch Skyrim instead. I have splash screen where I can select either polish dubbed version or cinematic one (which is natural language with polish subtitles) but then Steam doesn't launch and nothing happens :this: when I lauch Steam manually it does show Skyrim as ready to play..? Tried manually launching both the launcher app and TESV executable, to no luck... geez it was supposed to be gaming Sunday, wasn't it?

just venting my frustration here :heat:

post-8911-0-49900000-1321783962.jpg

venting, venting

I heard, pirates don't have those issues.

Have you tried rebooting?

Yes, twice. Will try offline mode

nope, also offline mode doesn't change a bit

strange as I can't even run the launcher... the one where you can select graphic options, mod esm files (clean install here) etc.

Zeno Clash works, Dead Island not... might be steam related thing

good job STEAM :good:

you just made me crack my own legal copy to be able to play it. Bravo! Bravissimo!

and please don't start on me, my free gaming time is of more value for me than Steam EULA s**te :heat:

unless they'd like to pay me for not being able to spend my time as I desire, their customer

...and this is why I hate Steam and Origin bound games. I dont hate the fact that you can sort them into a folder and buy them cheaply, but when they are a requirement, its just batty.

I miss the old CD games time... swapping CDs was easy compared to today's internet activations pain...

It may not be a Steam issue but a video card config issue. I have a very similar issue with ARMA II and the GTAs. When ARMA is installed, the GTAs will not run for love nor money. After a bit of hit and miss experimentation I discovered ARMA II changes some settings in your Card's config (even though it shouldn't) when installed and seems to reset these changes when uninstalled. I've noticed this somewhat with other games, but I haven't been able to narrow it down completely. Oddly, almost none of them were Steam games that were affected...

Hey Stary, how about going back to basics at gaming with good old DX ball....:grin:

I Really don't understand all the hype about STEAM.

To me it is the crappiest system ever.

I'll try reverting to uncracked version and reinstalling Dx10 and video drivers

That is odd as I have both and they run fine for me. I like Stream but it being a requirement to play anything is a pain in the ass.

I miss the old CD games time... swapping CDs was easy compared to today's internet activations pain...

And as far as i know, this didn't prevent piracy, to the contrary statistics show more piracy than ever.

This is just like civilian weapons ban. Only good guys are punished.

Any DRM sucks, but I prefer Steam to disc-based as over the years between Securom and Starforce and some others I had numerous failures to start as the drive failed to verify SOMETHING on the disc. Some, like Splinter Cell 3 and GRAW, would be as bad as one start out of 10 attempts.

The only games I have issues with on Steam now are Dirt 3 and F1 2011 where sometimes I have to click 2-3-4 times to get the game to run. The difference is disc-based games would take 30-90 seconds to fail before you could try again, while with Steam I can try every 10 seconds or so.

When Steam showed up it's ended a 5-year-long career of being able to play CS, of course I vowed to never yield to it and haven't yet and won't in the future. I've been perfectly able to entertain myself with games which don't require Steam. For me *puts on sunglasses* the Valve is shut forever!

Simple solution...get rid of BF3...... and play Skyrim 24/7! (you'll be glad you did) :lol::good:

I really consider that after short SP and MP time in BF3... not so in a mood for shooters ATM :blink:

I really consider that after short SP and MP time in BF3... not so in a mood for shooters ATM :blink:

They are all just the same...boring, boring, boring!!...crap single player... 11 year old's on XBox MP..bunny hopping, camping, cheating pap.....Skyrim is 1000,0000 times better (imho)

hear hear!:good:

generally why I don't play MP is the MP crowd on servers... sorry, doesn't want to offend anyone but these kidos there... some of the nicknames wants me to call the police... or shrink :heat:

and I played a lot of MP back in the days of Doom 2 and Quake back in the LAN times, four guys, four Voodoos, one room, that was the MP! :grin:

Must admit I held out against Valve until Fallout 3 came out and I am not a fan to be honest as you can spend time waiting for it to decide to close etc and then you get the wonderful sales here I am blasting to death mutants and they offer me some cheesy My little pony link when I have finished whats that all about

(Might be perfect for Dave though at least he gets a pony)... :rofl:

Anyway onto the topic at hand really annoyed with the state of games today no thought lets just multiplayer it... Gone back to playing Stalker Call of Pribyat with one Mod Pribyatan Arms and the tough level went from Insane to outrageously insane outstanding fun alround as well as all the new guns scenery effects etc and the fog is fecking right there you don't know whats out there until it hits you... one issue I have though is the bad guys can still see you... apart from that its amazing. Beats Call of Duty Modern Warfare lot into the floor... as a little though goes a long way in that game...