Sign in to follow this  
mytai01

Hard to find real world F-4 info...finally!

As many of you probably already know, it's very hard to find information about aircraft that goes to the depth of detail that us flight simmers want and need to make our planes behave more like the real ones. I've spend years just trying to find out what the actual position deflection angles were on all the F-4 Phantom's flight surfaces. Well, between the video I posted a couple of days ago and the NAVAIR F-4B/N manual I just purchased I finally know the exact angles (and some of the movement rates also). I'm now busy trying to mod the F-4 data.ini to match. I'll post my work on my website at: mytai01.com when it's done.

HELLL YEAH!!!! That is awesome!!

Now if we could get it to fly like like gravity was scared of it instead of just another heavy unmaneuverable beast pig we be all set :) Keep up the great work Mytai!!

~Rob

I'd be interested in what you found. Being more of a USAF-type F-4 historian, I only recently found out about the pinned inner leading edge flaps on F-4B/N acft, and the drooped aileron stuff. I still have a "new" detailed F-4B 3D model in the works. The drooped ailerons would have to be a 3D model animation with flaps extension I would guess, but with so few animation slots available within the Thirdwire sims, I will probably tie to gear extension.

Mike D.

They're not that hard to find :no: Streakeagle has been using realistic deflection / deflection rate values for what, 8 years now? The real trick is reconciling the stall behavior of any given flight model with TK's everchanging flight dynamics engine.

Anything you release now, maybe (and most probably will be) rendered obsolete with the release of SF2NA, or its subsequent patches. :yikes: