Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

I hope P4 will have better AI -- It's dull easy sometimes

I have been playing alot these last few months and have seen some bad AI air combat flying techniques.

During every fight some fool goes into a steep climb and hangs there while I blast him.

On a few missions I see an ace and hope for a good fight -- never happens.

The AI has to be upgraded in P4 to keep my interest.

Has there been any info. from the delveloper on improving AI?

My 2 bits worth.

I have been playing alot these last few months and have seen some bad AI air combat flying techniques.

During every fight some fool goes into a steep climb and hangs there while I blast him.

On a few missions I see an ace and hope for a good fight -- never happens.

The AI has to be upgraded in P4 to keep my interest.

Has there been any info. from the delveloper on improving AI?

My 2 bits worth.

Oh yes....all new AI code for P4 from take-off, thru fighting, to landing.... but...

You should be running into Aces that give you a good run - what workshop settings?

Or you have become better than them by sheer practice - always a problem....

And you should not see the hanging steep climb except for certain craft very near the ground - have you got mods installed?

Are you running HITR?

WM

What planes are you seeing going into a steep, hanging climb?

My FM mods for the Albatros and Pfalz are designed to help address that problem. Are there other planes that do this as well?

I am running OFF with BH&H and my settings are max VGA card, and onlg Carb auto adjust.

Look forward to P4.

Thanks for you great and helpfull comments. Sure wish that other sites were as helpfull and cheerfull as you folks.

The workshop setting that truly matters is 'AI Skil'". Make sure it is on 'aggressive'. The other settings will give you opponents that are rather timid and circle around while rarely attacking.

Where do you find " AI Skill" levels ??

I looked in the work shop and could not find any thing like that.

Where do you find " AI Skill" levels ??

I looked in the work shop and could not find any thing like that.

Did you buy and install HITR?

WM

CW3SF, if you don't have the addon "Hat in the Ring!", you still have the original "BH&H" AI.

Then you do not need to select the AI quality.

If you have "HitR!" installed, then you find it in the "Workshops", lower middle. See here:

PS: you may say about OFF's AI what you want, but I haven't found one that fought better.

I quess being away for a while has it's issues. First off I did not know about HITR.

After looking at the "home site of OFF" and reading the "Philidelphia lawyer" script about the pleasures and evils of HITR I my at some time go for it.

My new rig ( which a few of you advised me about this last March ) is doing great ( about 40 to 60 FPS ) in low level combat at full VGA settings, but

being Win 7 64bit it my have some issues with HITR, hense my reluctance to go for right now.

If P4 is to be sold as a disk ( like BTH&H was ) and include HITR then for sure I will wait.

This old warrior is no computer Guru or even close to the understanding of these sometime "truly evil machines" that some of you folks have.

But of course I do remember my first lesson in a BT-13 and where the say ing "balls to the wall" came from.

hi CW3SF,

OFF and HiTR work great with win7-64bit. probably even better than with 32-bit.

P4 will be a completely different ballgame. it will not be like an expansion of OFF with HiTR etc. but something completely new.

do you play rather campaigns or more QC?

because AFAIK the campaign AI is better than in QC.

cheers

"Hat in the Ring!" is only 9.99 USD now, and it brings you advanced "Workshops" settings,

and several new planes (in other sims you have to buy each new plane).

You should not experience any complications with "HitR!" - if BH&H is running fine, "HitR!" will also do so.

Your decision - OFF P4 may still take well into next year to get released.

I second what Olham says! Go get HiTR! By the time you get the hang of the new planes and better AI in HiTR, P4 will (probably) be ready!