Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

I've Located Heaven...

I swear, if the PhD gig somehow fails, I'm going to New Zealand and beg these people for a job. The Vintage Aviator has to be the world class of aviation restoration and reproduction at this moment. This video shows you most of their stock flying. Entire flights of Fokker Dr1's and SE5a's are just incredible to see... They also seem to have aircraft that simply don't exist anywhere else in the world anymore. Why, oh why, does this amazing place have to be the farthest possible distance from where I live? They might as well be on Neptune.

Wellllll - you've been away for some time, and we had several postings with links from them.

You should go for all films by HAFU Video, which are their official video makers.

Here is my favourite - the Albatros D.Va with the markings of Vizefeldwebel Josef Mai, Jasta 5:

Eye candy of the best sort. Here in the UK you'll see WW1 aircraft (originals or replicas) at airshows but it'll be generally only one of any particular make and model. Just watching those SE5s take off together gave me goosebumps.

If I ever win the lottery big time, a replica Sopwith Triplane is my first luxury, followed by a replica SE5a, if there's enough cash!

Wouldn't it be glorious to have a Squadron and a Staffel strength of replica WW1 scouts and have them flown by the best display pilots to re-enact a WW1 dogfight? Dawn Patrol for the 21st Century.

Edited by Dej