Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Ejection seats on new game?

Now that TK is getting ready a new game/expansion, is there any chance they add "ejection seats" to the game? I'm thinking in visible ejection sequnce with drifting parachutes after the eject. Actually the lack of them is really killing me.

didn't Stary create a mod with 'ejecting pilots'??? I seem to recall someing of that nature

Yes he did and i use a modified version in all my mods now. it's fun seeing the pilot eject with rocket assist and even pilot and WSO eject if they're not killed in a fight and seeing them parachute to the ground.

yeah that funny mod I did... needs reworking to bring it up to Unified effects pack level standard

Is even possible to see the ejection sequence? And is available here?

Edited by Stratos

I need to install the Tomcat in order to get ejection seats for all planes in game?

I'm trying to found that "effects" mod, that adds the ejecting pilotbeffect, but there's no "effects" area in SF2 downloads.

it was for series1 only, would need shaders update to bring it to series 2, also it was included in Super Hornet package, dtmdragon provided link above

it was for series1 only, would need shaders update to bring it to series 2, also it was included in Super Hornet package, dtmdragon provided link above

Hi Stary,

I'm a bit confused about this too. I'm an SF2 noob but already have some of your very cool mods - thank you very much! - and after seeing the 'Ejecting Pilots Mod' mentioned in the F-14 Hot-Fix thread I found the 'Ejecting Pilots v1.0 update' mod in the SF1 downloads section. I had a bo-peep at the files and to my uneducated eyes they looked like they might work in SF2, so I gave them a go but no joy. Presumably because of the shaders you just mentioned.

Can I extract the effect from the F-14 hotfix into my SF2 install (or just add the F-14 I suppose?) and expect it to work on all planes? How do I test it properly? Last nite I tried the SF1 effect with the T-6A in my SF2E install - I hit Shift-ESC to try the effect. It didn't work of course, but was that even a valid way to test it? Does the aircraft have to be on fire first (say from hits on my plane by the bad guys) before the effect will work?

I also saw 'ejection' files in your unified effects mod - I assumed they were similar - but maybe not seeing your comments?

Sorry for all the questions - I'd really like to get this working in my install. :drinks:

Cheers

Kiwi

Edited by KiwiBiggles

I'll add the shaders later today to them and upload here, ok?

img00001-1.jpg

Cool! Thanx Stary - this is a really nice immersion builder and very cleverly made in my opinion. And another step closer to a quality build like those I've seen I've seen in the screenshots thread. Planning to try the SARCASM mod and some terrain upgrades next. :)

I did a lousy job at getting a good close up piccie of a deployed chute, but I did get this quite nice 'mood' shot with a chute deployment in the background mid-left.

Thanks again

Kiwi

Edited by KiwiBiggles

I see it, nice screen :good:

BTW Kiwi, as you're quite a rookie here (hi!) my advice -add one mod/modpack at a time, test it if it works, test again, then add another. Being mod-happy and adding files as they download is the simplest way to pork one's install. Trust me, been there done that :smile:

Not tried on all planes, but I suspect that yes, as the plane on the pic is a unmodded stock Mig-17.

Does this mod add ejecting pilots to all Stock Aircraft?

Technically this mod adds sort of ejecting pilots to the aircraft fire effect, and shows whenever any kindof aircraft catches fuselage fire, as my testing before making this mod (remember, series1 OCT2008 patch level) indicated that catching fire by aircraft causes the canopy to fall off thus implies crew ejection, not implying to player's craft off course, so you can see "yourself" in the mirror ejecting and still be able to fly. And remember aircraft fire effect isn't the same as fuel fire effect, important especially since Nov11 patch DM modelling updates where I have many times observed planes catching fuel fire just to burn out (or extinguish) without whole plane catching fires

In KAW pilots bail as soon as they get any critical damage (wing blown off, loss of stabs whatnot) and the effect doesn't show up since it's tied to the fire effect. Any way to solve this?