Sign in to follow this  
Padre

Burning Sands downgrad attempt

Hey, inspired by the alleged attempt to create a future Burning Sands that is only the two arab countries. I set about having the original campaign start with some lesser aircraft Mig15, Fj-3m, Tu4, B-26 with the standard aircraft being premium.

I haven't tested whether this will work, but right off the bat, I threw in two more merc SOC squadrons. They show up, the AC assigned in the Camp.ini and CampData.ini are incorrect.

I gave the 2nd SOC the A4b and the Third SOC the FJ-3M, they got the F100 and the A1H!? Also assigned us to the Roayl Good Guy Nation Squad.

Any thoughts let me know, thx.

Hey, inspired by the alleged attempt to create a future Burning Sands that is only the two arab countries. I set about having the original campaign start with some lesser aircraft Mig15, Fj-3m, Tu4, B-26 with the standard aircraft being premium.

I haven't tested whether this will work, but right off the bat, I threw in two more merc SOC squadrons. They show up, the AC assigned in the Camp.ini and CampData.ini are incorrect.

I gave the 2nd SOC the A4b and the Third SOC the FJ-3M, they got the F100 and the A1H!? Also assigned us to the Roayl Good Guy Nation Squad.

Any thoughts let me know, thx.

I got this working by placing 2ndSOW directly under 1stSOW in all related files, and addressed this in another thread.

SFP1:

Howdy. Looks like I've gotten some squadrons that more closly represent US Flight capable forces in 1959.

I've set 436 TFS to upgrade from the F-100 to the F-104A per thier squadron history.

I've left the other AF Squadrons alone, so far...

Added VF-154 Black Knights the first to be operational with the F-8C.

Other changes include a second SOW (Merc) squadron in F-86F-40s.

The First SOW is starts out in FJ-3Ms.

In testing, I've discovered a couple of issuses.

One with the Navy Squadron VF-33 "Astronauts" flying the F11F1 Tiger.

This is a great fighter as long as you have some team players and keep it FAST.

Unfortunatly, the AI just can't seem to do that...although, I'm thinking, because I've noticed, this little bitch will depart controlled flight (spin) if you give it a good YANK on the stick at any speed, I'm sure the AI is at a lose since I lost 9 of 12 planes to unrecovered spins fighting in Mig15sBIS.

Grumble. Is there an Aircraft data setting I can modifiy?

Also, I originally went with the F9J Cougar for the 2nd SOW and a Marine Squadron. But it appears the model won't load a MK82 (500lb?) on the Right(I think) outside hardpoint.

This is annoying enough to remove the plane, but I'd like to know, if I'm doing something wrong, or is there a quick tweek?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks.