First could i thank Wrench for his help with getting me started with adding an additional F-15E skin to my collection. I have now been able to add the 492nd FS out off RAF Lakenheath, as the saying goes, its easy when you know how!!

I am now having a real nightmare with adding squadron patches to the aircraft, i have read the help and advice under the SF1 knowledge forum, and followed the instruction to adding decals to the letter, but to avail. is there some relevant documentation with guidance for the SF2 series of skinning or adding decals available.

most of the time the whole aircraft looks black, with absolutley no insignia, tail marking etc showing. I just don't know what i am doing wrong.

I would really appreciate someone help!!!

thanks

Raymin

If the whole aircraft is black (or any other single colour) the skin bitmap names are not matching what the LOD's are calling out for. This has nothing to do with decals.

Find a skin that works with the F-15 model (i.e. the skin that came with it) and then compare the bitmap names with what you are trying to add.

The only other reason that a whole aircraft would be black would be the unlikely event that all skin bitmaps still have a transparency layer present.

Are you making your own Decal.tgs's ? If you are then you must have at least a 1 pixel (I use 2 to 4 min) non-transparent (solid Black) border around the outside edge of the Alpha channel, if not then it will cause the black bleeding on the airframe. With out the boarder the tga may/will strech to cover the entire mesh.

Raven

Spinners and Raven thank you both very much for your quick response.

I will go off and double check everything again

Regards

Raymin

if you want, I'll just upload the whole batch, skin and all.

basic rule of thumb .... if the airplane is black, you've forgotten to copy over the skin bmps (done that too!)

Thanks Wrench, that would be great. Thanks again for your time...

Raymin