Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

In recognition of all......

A horrible War on so many levels...My thoughts are with those who were there, those who never returned...and a feeling of sorrow, for those who still go unrecognised....

I wanted to post this, as it's one of my favourite songs, and whoever made the video, did a great job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dpWEv9Q0XQ4

Yea, nasty. Stan Goff, US Army::

The first “kill” my platoon got after I arrived in Vietnam was the murder by one squad of an old woman hoeing her garden. Imagine how this affects a 19-year-old who thought he was going to Vietnam to fight the “collectivists.” To be safe in this environment, one feels compelled to prove one’s own capacity for cruelty (manhood!). I wasn’t prepared for murder yet, so I shot dogs, farm animals, burned down houses, and terrorized with threats.

~ http://www.feralscholar.org/blog/index.php/2010/04/04/massacre-cover-up-wikileak/

UK, I don't know how I'd wrap my head around this if I played Flander Field or Thudwire WW1 game, but over the Strikefighters, I only play shiny silver jets, or white painted pure interceptors or heavy bombers in a sci-fi war high in the stratosphere, above the clouds....a fantasy that never happened (almost -- there were recon engagements with deaths). No cammo is the first rule in my game. Vietnam cammo is just too close to the ground so to speak. I never played a shooter game outside of DOOM-1, but one that is tempting in its one~of~a~kind subject is Red Orchestra Stalingrad -- it was a far away city of pure rubble (the ecomomic loss in that itself is stunning), and infantry don't complain about flight models I suppose.

It's a game. It has no more bearing than watching a Packers game on anything in the world. Lighten up.

I'm confused now guys...I posted a vid about the Vietnam War...what's that got to do with a game?

Well, LL doesn't really need a rhyme or reason to post about flying high.

UK::

I'm confused now guys...I posted a vid about the Vietnam War...what's that got to do with a game?

yeap, I'm sorry about that. Just alot of waste went on there, and I'm sad about it the more I learn about what went on, enough to effect my choice in gaming ... I wasn't always like this! So I figured you may have thoughts on that as well. Baby's first WW1 book here was Eye Deep In Hell by John Ellis, about the trench war. It always grinded on me ever since. I long ago donated it to a local libary but I may get another copy.

Ah!....thanks for clearing that up Lexx :good:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker