Sign in to follow this  
artiste

Losing flight members

I notice when playing SF2E in a mission, my wingman and others in the flight will just suddenly crash for no reason. They are not shot down or I run into them. It happens randomly, some times I lose 1 aircraft, sometimes all of them. Is this supposed to be happening? Game is set to Easy settings. Thanks.

are you flying too low? maybe they r having a bad time avoiding hills or mountains if in a such terrain while flying low.

What type of aircraft are you flying? I'm always flying on Hard FM, but I recall someone had mentioned that overstress damage has been modeled even in Normal (and maybe Easy) FM for AI wingmen, as for the player. Your wingmen and the AI in general do not follow the g-limits on the airframe and in certain aircraft (esp. F-5, F-16, F/A-18, EF-2000, I've noticed) will yank the wings right off by pulling too hard on the stick. If, as a player, you put the stick in your lap at between 400 and 450 KIAS, you'll probably get the -18 to spike to 18-20g and apparently the EF-2000 can hit 30g, so I'd call the damage modelling realistic, but it has also been pointed out that the AI has no control over how hard they pull, and so are liable to break the jet every time. I have not noticed enemy AI breaking aircraft without being damaged first, that is to say if they do a hard yank on the stick after taking a hit, sometimes a wing will come apart, for example.

Next time you're up and engaged, I'd check your wingies (F6) and see if they are spiraling to earth without their wings or horizontal stabs just to see if that's your problem.

I mentioned it in another thread a bit ago, and was able to actually see it transpire with the F6 view.

I noticed the debriefs would just say "crashed" and the one time we were egressing the target area, out of harm's way, and I

just focused on my wingie, I never take more than one, as it risks too many otherwise, and he just detonated.

No other jets, no SAM reached out, just >boom< and he flamed all the way to auger point...

:dntknw:

Lost another one due to "crashed" leaving me with 2 of the original jets I started with, 1 I bought, and the fourth was a

big dollar Eagle that just disappeared from inventory, Whee!

No wonder this is the first, and probably last, Merc campaign in the 10 years I've been flying this series...

:(

I mentioned it in another thread a bit ago, and was able to actually see it transpire with the F6 view.

I noticed the debriefs would just say "crashed" and the one time we were egressing the target area, out of harm's way, and I

just focused on my wingie, I never take more than one, as it risks too many otherwise, and he just detonated.

No other jets, no SAM reached out, just >boom< and he flamed all the way to auger point...

:dntknw:

This is exactly what I've been noticing. Must be something in the game itself for whatever reason. Thanks Spectre.

is this only happening in SF2 series? or is there anyone experiencing this in SF1 series guys? seems like a serious matter